Fireplace surrounds

Hello, I am thinking of making fireplace surrounds from 10mm plate, cut into a decorative shape using a plasma cutter. I am sceptical from the outst as to its tolerance to heat i.e. that it will warp or deteriorate. Has any body out their tried it. Thanks in advance, Anthony.

Reply to
Anthony

Hell, my forge is made of thinner steel than that! I have a small steel brazier that's made from steel less than 2mm thick. As long as you make the grill at the bottom a replaceable part, you shouldn't have any problems.

Reply to
Politas