Fireplace surrounds

Hello, I am thinking of making fireplace surrounds from 10mm plate, cut into a decorative shape using a plasma cutter. I am sceptical from the
outst as to its tolerance to heat i.e. that it will warp or deteriorate. Has any body out their tried it. Thanks in advance, Anthony.
snipped-for-privacy@bouleenshereforge.com (Anthony) wrote:

Hell, my forge is made of thinner steel than that! I have a small steel brazier that's made from steel less than 2mm thick. As long as you make the grill at the bottom a replaceable part, you shouldn't have any problems.
--
Politas
To reply, replace nospam with forge