Fence Stakes

Larry Evans on the ATIS list had the idea of photographing various types of compound stakes at the Tulares show. See

think that some of them are good ideas especially the 12th & 13th pictures. These seem to make erecting fences much easier. What do you think?

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

It appears that there are no stakes hammered into the ground, which creates a whole load more problems. No "leaning on the fence" here! I wondered how the one with a cross-piece fitting half-way down managed to cope with threading the rope through every time - the "loop & hook" arrangements seemed much more sensible and easy to erect / disgruntle.

I DID like the "cactus"!

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:
Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic