Posting problems from beta

Hi all --

Anyone else having a torrid time with the Groups beta?

I find it very fast & adaptable as a reader, but it's proving a pig to post from ... or I'm in deep finger trouble (more likely).

I use the digest, & cannot post. I hit reply, up pops nice little text entry box, type response, preview, & then send. Get message to say message posted, but it never appears..... I've always had problems with posting to this list, but I'm now frozen out!

Proof will be to see if this test gets through from the old (pre-beta) interface,

Colin Osborne

Reply to
Colin Osborne

Well, there's a funny thing ..... mail posted almost immediately from non-beta interface. (BTW, not from the digest, but from ordinary listing).

Trying to send this reply from the beta......

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Reply from Beta posted instantly .... Couldn't get preview screen up. Error message stated "Info missing or incorrect". Just hit send a second time with no change, & it went thru' OK. Summat not quite reet ....

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Message 3 replicated behaviour of Message 2 exactly. Same error message, hitting "post" again worked.

I'll flag this with Google, but would appreciate any feedback from others if they are having problems.

Thanks, Colin

Reply to
Colin

Reply from Beta posted instantly .... Couldn't get preview screen up. Error message stated "Info missing or incorrect". Just hit send a second time with no change, & it went thru' OK. Summat not quite reet ....

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Reply from Beta posted instantly .... Couldn't get preview screen up. Error message stated "Info missing or incorrect". Just hit send a second time with no change, & it went thru' OK. Summat not quite reet ....

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Hi Colin, See UK.REC.WATERWAYS. People on that group are having similar dificulties.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Dave Croft

Never mind, Colin, you win prolific poster of the day award!

Now where did I leave the cigar?

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Ask President Bill Clinton, I seem to recall he had a novel cigar holder ...........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Why bother with an unreliable web interface when there are many excellent and cheap (even free) newsreaders out there and free newservers?

Even OLE (spit) does news reasonably well and news.individual.net as a server is free, fast and reliable. I did think it was dropping posts recently but then I looked in my killfile...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Wasn't Frankie Howerd from Bristol?

Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton"

No, Pompeii.

Paul

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

Internal Fire Museum of Power is a Not-for-Profit company registered in the UK

Reply to
Paul Evans