Edgar Westbury on Modernising elderly open crank engines

HI - I posted reference to this series of articles in '52 Model Engineer a couple of weeks back. Showed up in Digest, but regular readers tell me they didn't see the post. Must confess I was surprised at zero response.

Does anyone else know they didn't see the topic? I'm curious, because I have a history of lost inbound posts, posting via Google groups.

Thanks, Colin

Reply to
Colin

I saw it, Colin.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

I saw it. Yes, the efforts made to 'update' engines can look like vandalism from our perspective. But by extending their useful lives, it might just have kept some away from the scrap man's hammer long enough to be rescued by the likes of us. It also has to be said that the ingenuity of some mods makes them worthy of preservation in their own right - all part of the engine's history after all!

Reply to
Nick H

No, I didn't see it & would have responded as I have a couple of these.

No-one has a 240V AC one for sale, I suppose?

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

"Kim Siddorn" wrote

Whatever it was that you think you didn't see, it wasn't what I thought I saw!

Reply to
Nick H

Tricky Nicky! :-)

Reply to