Homemade anvil from railroad track and 4140 steel

How often do you get new mail carriers on your route? :)
--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.

Those heavy ones, I took to the post office (50 lbs of stuff in one priority mail flat rate box).
I recently sold two "hand taps" for FOUR INCH screw diameter. 4-4 thread, 4" bolt, four threads per inch. Each of these taps weighed 26 lbs. Really something to be seen and held to be appreciated. Definitely not your usual tap from Ace Hardware. I shipped then via priority mail flat rate.

Yes, I saw those pictures. Those definitely aren't usually in stock at the neighborhood store. I wouldn't place a bet that our local store couldn't order them though. :)
--
Bring back, Oh bring back
Oh, bring back that old continuity.

Very nice. I just found some hardfacing rod (60-62 hardness, 20 lbs for $10.50), so if I find a suitably shaped piece of iron (or can weld something together from several pieces), I could hardface that and get a nice functional piece, thugh probably not beautiful looking.
I will look for something, I will soon visit a steel supplier to get steel for a barbell rack, and they said they had some thick plate cutoffs.