Made this Blacksmith anvil round table. Comments?

I made this round "anvil table". Made of a piece of 3" thickness steel with holes drilled around the perimeter. (this is a blind flange) The
holes could be useful for hanging tongs etc.
http://www.machinerymoverschicago.com/blog//Round-Blacksmith-Anvil-Table
Legs are made of structural tubing, not plumbing pipe. Everything welded with 7018.
Now I am wondering if those can sell. I hve a bunch of these flanges and, I hope, this can be useful for someone.
They weigh 350 lbs each.

That's a heavy little beast. Not sure what I'd use it for however.
--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com/
snipped-for-privacy@kcwc.com http://NewsReader.Com/
snipped-for-privacy@kcwc.com (Curt Welch) wrote in wrote:

What's the area of the feet (tubing ends)? It probably needs 1" plate disks welded on each foot to spread the load or and impact loads will chip or dent most floor surfaces.

The tubes are about 3" thick.
I would think that with 350 lbs of weight, any impact by a hammer will be well dissipated.
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 16:47:32 -0500, Ignoramus14365

I don't know what the wall thickness of the tubing is but if it is 3/16 and open at the end then the pressure on the floor from the tube end is about 66 PSI. Someone hammering over one of the legs could chip a concrete floor. Welding a disc on the bottom of the leg would help ameliorate this. On the other hand, open leg bottoms would help the legs dig into a dirt floor, which some may find desirable. Eric

I don't think you grasp how hard blacksmiths hit metal. 350 lbs won't slow it down enough.
Are the tubes tubes, or sold 3" stock? If they are hollow tubes, and just open on the end, they will likely cause damage to most floors as a blacksmith hits on it. But, one could place a piece of plywood or something similar under it, to protect the floor.
I have one anvil stand with round pipe legs and no feet, but I welded a plate over the ends to seal them up and distribute the weight over the whole cross section area of the pipe. And, in my shop, I keep it on plywood.

--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com/
snipped-for-privacy@kcwc.com http://NewsReader.Com/

I think that plywood is the best idea so far.
Ignoramus14365 wrote:

Hello i,
Man, that's a tempting chunk of steel there. The big draw back in my mind is that it doesn't have the hardened striking surface of an anvil - that center between all the holes will ding up pretty fast.
But, I've been thinking that with a little creative cutting at a big band saw, just the flange (without legs) might make a relatively affordable swage block.
Gotta ask, are you thinking of selling these? I noticed in one of your photos what looked like a few more of the flanges on a pallet.
Best regards, Bert
--
Molon Labe. To those who have served or are serving the cause of
freedom whether in peace or in war at home or abroad thank you. Si vis

I figure that, with the surface so large, there is plenty of places to strike and it will last a long time.

I just sold my first round table two days ago. I am now making another. I also have some flanges that I can sell, I have a total of about 8-9 of them.