making crucibles

Hi, I just saw a book from Lindsey's about how to make crucibles.
Has anyone read it? Is it any good and does it work?
I'm interested in melting Al and brass. Al
Alpinekid wrote:

Aluminum and brass can both be melted in steel crucibles, just not the same crucible. Make one for each metal you plan to work and don't mix them. Think about how Heavy all this liquid metal is going to be, and plan accordingly. Thick wall is better than thin wall, get a friend to help, or use a crane to carry the crucible.
Charly
I've used SS food pot and later a SS pipe with an end cover - only to have some of the chrome and steel absorbed into the Al. So it becomes a bit tough.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
Have a look at these home made crucible pages...

***My e-mail is "PureMail" protected. To reply, please copy and paste***
***the following authorization stamp in the "Subject" line of your reply.***
see also:
http://users.ticnet.com/MikeFirth/crucible.htm