Medieval times show in Schaumburg, and forged toy sword

See pictures at the link below.

We went to Medieval Times Show in Schaumburg today. THey gave us some yummy medieval food, such as chicken, and had a show of sword fighting. Since the kids were interested, I wanted to impress them with something. So out of a 1/2" steel rod (likely cold rolled) I forged a kids sword. While I did sharpen the edges to give it a realistic look, I intentionally left all edges very dull, as is suitable for a kids toy. This is a present for my older son, who will sharpen it when he gets older. Then it will be a real weapon. The handle is made from rosewood.

The beer can is shown for size comparison purposes and is not included.

Ignoramus16496

Wow... the Medieval Times reminds me of that scene in "The Cable Guy"

Regards Charles

Ignoramus16496 wrote:

Reply to
Chilla