more post vise

"Most" post vises are wrought iron .But iron of any type prefers heat when bending,makes the molecular structure feel so much better.
Paddy P the wannabe
Paddy,
Have you met the delamination demon. YOU know the one. He makes your wrought iron come apart when you work the material too cold. Especially when you have a large group of people watching you. : )
Seriously though, I have found wrought likes to be real hot when it is worked. It really likes to fall apart when it isn't hot enough. I have, however, straightened many old bent wrought bars cold and have not had problems. My experiance is either cold or screamin hot. Let me know what you think.
Andrew www.artisansoftheanvil.com