Nimba anvils/ Euroanvils

Does anyone have any information/experience with Nimba or Euroanvils? Especially the big ones.

While I have not used either one I do know Russell Jaqua who is the maker of Nimba anvils. They are U.S. made, beautiful, done right, and pricey. The "Euro" anvils are made overseas......somewhere? They are inexpensive though. If I had the cash I'd go for the Nimba any day.
Glen gardner
Peddinghaus und Kohlswa ja

Well...what about a Hay Budden? The forged anvils are supposed to be the best right? Why so much for a cast Nimba? Peddinghaus only go up to ~260lbs, what is the best heavy anvil that area available in the 400# plus range ...that doesn't require a second mortgage? Thanks guys keep 'em coming.
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:31:56 -0500, "Etienne"

I have a small Hay Budden and a Trenton, both around 130 lbs and a double horn over 500 lb anvil that has I guess three names, one above the other, appears to be F. Carlier, A. Chenfe and then in larger letters PR. Liece. I could be a letter or two off on that. If anyone has any info about the maker of the big one I sure would be interested.
Hay Budden anvils are some of the best ever manufactured any place in the world. I have used my 167# for 30 years and it still looks like it did when I bought it. I would NEVER even consider a modern anvil if a Hay Bud was available. So Ett, you really going to go for Chinese iron? I still have my 200# Bradley up for grabs.
Glen G.
Russ Jaqua only lives a couple miles from me. I have used his anvils and for my work there are two problems with them. The pritchel jole is on the round horn and for me, this makes it much harder to punch a hole. If you don't hot punch, this would not be a problem. The other is that I find them very noisy, especially with the feet on the Centurian and the Titan. I have a 440 lb Brooks (English, cast) and a 470 lb Old World (Czech, cast) as shop anvils and a 160 lb Old World as a portable anvil. If you live in the northwest, stop by, try these and with a short trip, you can try Russ'.