railroad track anvils and my wife.....

What can I say, I try and do my BS projects casually. When the mood strikes me, or I see a good piece of "roadkill" (scrap
metal tools and other junk people discard) .
But my wife has grown weary of my bringing sections of RR track and other assorted metal items. But as one who has worked in the metallurigical arts, I am emotionally attached to that car spring, RR wheel ball bearing, or that small piece of medical titanium. She has her dust covers, doilies, pots and pans, ruffles and pictures.
I have my treasure. It happens to be in Old pieces of steel, that helped build this nation. A technology that is rapidly disapeering. I hold onto the memory of my grandfather telling me stories of his childhood, how he would speak of his father and grandfather teaching him to work hot metal with a BS forge, anvil and hammer.
There is something magical in taking some lump and making it into a useful item.
My wife just doesnt understand my obssesion with metal.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. :)
OTOH, you might want to try making her a nice Pot Rack complete with "S" hooks or some plant hangers.
A large "basket" with scrolled ends can be cut in two to form a pair of plant stands.
These and similar "projects" can help her come to appreciate your efforts. :)
Bird feeders are quite popular around my house.
Pete Stanaitis ----------------