Re: Anvil Identification

Hi there! I am looking for a couple of old Anvils that an idiot cousin sold that were family heirlooms I am uncertain of what make/brand they were, bu
t the ancestor who owned then would have stamped Underwood onto them, I hav e one left so I do know what it would look like if I came across one of the other two that we are searching for. They would have been sold in TN in th e last decade or so. Any help with where I could look to find them would be great!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

Oh dear. What a shame.

No help in locating you particular anvils but to identify the make you might want to have "Anvils in America" by Richard A. Postman, available from Centaur Forge, Amazon and elsewhere.

You might subscribe to the lightly trafficed mailing list, TheForge, and post again there. There are a number of smiths in your general part of the country. See:
The list is sponsored by (but not operated by) ABANA.
--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada