Warner wheel hubs

Hi all. I'm scrambling to help a friend finish up a buggy restoration. We're short a "Warner" hub. Does anyone have any information about their manufacture? I don't seem to be able to scare up much of anything about these beasts and we have three out of four set to go.

I'm assuming they were forged. Ian

Reply to
clocker

Try the carriage shop at Dollywood. They are a serious business. It's about 30 miles from Knoxville, TN.

Here's the general information number that I got off their website:

1-800-365-5996

Pete Stanaitis

------------------

clocker wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Thanks Pete. This helps. Ian

Reply to
Ian T.

Hi Ian,

How life treatin you and yours?

Try contacting the curatorial center at the Western Development Museum in Saskatoon. They may have some contacts for parts sources.

The WDM in Moose Jaw is themed "Transportation" and the curators there might have some ideas. Worst case is that they ask some of the volunteers if they know anyone that knows anyone... You know. when I was in that area, the volunteers were a lot of farmers and old vehicle buffs, so it might be worth a shot.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Hi Trevor. Life is good. I hope you're making chips like a mad man. Are you hammering out bits of hot iron too? It's a life filled with distractions as usual for me. :)

I actually began my hunt at the WDM. I spoke with Ken Lorenz early in the week and he's headed to big meet somewhere west so I'll get him some images, but my hope isn't running on the high side.

Doren Degenstein teaches the wheelwright course at the WDM and my friend with the buggy trouble has taken courses under Doren and Doren hasn't been able to scare up anything. These hubs are rare in the west at any rate. We'll get it done sooner or later, but not likely locally.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Pete's reference this week, but I'll check that off the list shortly.

I have some Amish connections in Canada and the States so maybe those will yield some results. Hope springs eternal. Ian

Reply to
Ian T.

Work is gettin' along. I got the highest ever performance evaluation that I have ever got, enough to get me promoted, but am immune to that, as I am on a medical category for my bad back. Don't really want to leave the job I have, for a less fun one anyways. Esp. not for the piddly little raise in pay that it comes with.

Have not lit the fire for a while. I visited with a friend outside of Edmonton a while bach and welded up a damascus billet, from which I have ground a nice little hunting knife. All I have left is to make a sheath.

Most of my metalwork these days is CNC and training apprentice techs. it keeps me going. Been making a lot of shiny stuff for parting gifts as well. Too much of that! :-(

Waiting on some resolution on the back. I expect to get surgery in the next few months, and think it likely that I shall be moving to BC after my time with this outfit.

Gonna make Estevan ?

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Sorry to hear you're not firing on all cylinders. I hope you get the help you need soon. BC will no doubt be good for you.

I don't know yet about Estevan. It's a possibility. Ian

Reply to
Ian T.