Pure Iron source (rod or bar) needed (USA)

I'm looking for a few feet of at least 99.5% pure iron rod or bar, any size from at least 1/4" square or round, but not over 1/2" thick. I need it for
element collectors looking for pure samples of various metals. I found this link on google: http://www.wagnercompanies.com/Pure_Iron.aspx But they require a company account to order from them. (And also has a minimum), The 10 x 20mm size looks ideal, but I need a source willing to sell small amounts to anybody.

Why don't you try <http://www.onlinemetals.com ?
A basic low-carbon steel would, I believe, meet your requirements.
WKW wrote:

Okay let's see how about these?
<http://www.alaska.net/~meteor/Iron.htm <http://www.wagnercompanies.com/Pure_Iron.aspx
WKW wrote:

How about this <http://www.alaska.net/~meteor/Iron.htm
On Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:46:51 AM UTC+8, WKW wrote:

Hi If you looking for good source of pure iron profile stock, you can visit this company www.eupurerion.com ,they are supplying high purity iron billet but i saw they have also profiles in stock.

If you can use short pieces try the various evaporation materials vendors: A Google search will turn up many. The purities run much higher than you're asking for (five nines is common) and the prices might be a jolt, but it's available in slugs, usually quarter by half inch or thereabouts.
Hope this helps,
bob prohaska