Welding Little Giants power hammers

I have an old style 50lb Little Giant that needs to have some welding repairs done to the die cavity in order to fit new dies. Does any one have
any experience with this? any recomendations ie: type of welding rod etc ?
brad

have you a copy of the L/G book by Kern? that is described in there. (i can't find mine????)
tt 50 mayer bros
Best thing to do is to call 402-873-6603 and ask Sid or Keri Suedmeier, the folks who run Little Giant. They do those repairs every day and are easy to talk to. You may find that deepening and/or widening the cavity and adding shims is preferable to welding it up. You can also get some ideas on this approach by going to my website's power hammer area, specifically: http://www.spaco.org/scrapedi.htm
Pete Stanaitis -----------------------
Brad wrote:

A friend of mine has been in touch with Sid. I get the impression that he knows more about this than anyone. My buddy deepened the cavity in his. The method was my dumb suggestion.... A little roughing-in using a side grinder, then finish surfacing using an abrasive pad in a wood router. It turned out pretty nice.