A chilling (kWhr) thought....

No, not regarding EV's. lol Re the incoming Haas gantry mill GR510.

It just dawned on me, that every time dat 5,000# gantry hurtles along 120" in X (ttl machine wt is 15000), there's gotta some real juice flowing....

Never mind the 15 hp spindle, I'll bet the X axis motors are 15 hp..... goodgawd..... If there is a god, there'll be regenerative braking in X..... LOL!!!!!!! I wonder if the axis motors are 3 ph, and what they really draw. I spose I could always just ramp up slowly -- you know, F = ma, P=F x v.....

I'll proly just have to line up all my work in Y..... LOL

Reply to
Existential Angst