The Ante of Design..... and whoyakidding's delusions....

Awl --

I thought the subthread with the semi-asstute-but-still-deluded Whoyakidding should get its own thread, cuz it's a really important topic, imo butt another facet of Le Pubic's Global Assfucking. .

===============================

Moi:

>there are plenty of >>RCMers/AMCers/AHRers who could build a "servicable" (ie, not luxurious) >>electric car. One even built one already. >> >>And I never laid claim to that idea being *practical* -- I simply >>mentioned >>it metaphorically >

Whoyakidding:

Well if we're only limited metaphorically then why stop at EVs? Might > as well say we could all build folding 12V jetpacks to carry in our > submarines. > >>i if you will, to make the point that the BigfuknAuto (and >>gummint) is making much ado about sumpn fundamentally simple. If you want >>10 fukn air bags and teleporting navigation, then yeah, that might be >>tough >>for an RCMer, but if you want a vehicle that can go from point A to point >>B >>real cheap, then plenty here could do it. > > Not for anything marketable there isn't.

And herein lies the crux of the issue, elaborated on below, after clearing up butt another of 'Kidding's delusions.

Certainly not Gunner or any

of the others with similar "virtual" qualifications. Now if you're > talking about glorified gocarts or whatever, then I'd have to see the > details. If it's axles attached with bent over nails etc, then OK. If > it's lithium batteries and hub motors and crash certification, then > you need to lay off whatever you're smoking. If it's something in the > middle, like a conversion with lead acid batteries, then what's the > holdup? Build it already and show GM what a bunch of chumps they are.

O please, cut the strawman bullshit.....

>>And Big Auto apparently CANNOT do it -- or won't -- economically, > > Real companies build what the market will buy. The market has dictated > safety cocoons, power everything, long warranties, etc. Regardless, > unless you can show that eliminating airbags is cost effective for > society overall, then it's a stupid point to harp on. The small > percentage of buyers who'd opt out of airbags if they could are > probably the most likely to run up a ridiculous hospital bill after a > minor crash. You need to wake up to the reality that the Gunners of > the world merely sign up for vehicle insurance. They don't actually > keep it current and there are increasing numbers of drivers without > coverage. Forcing air bags on them saves the rest us a f****ng > fortune.

A bit of a digression, but an important one, that eventually also comes full circle to The Design Ante:

A likely false assertion. The cost of medical care isn't "incremental" on a case-by-case basis. The fact that hospitals then BILL us up the ass for procedures has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COSTS ACTUALLY INCURRED BY SED HOSPITAL. Precisely because of the notion of fixed vs. variable costs. Medical """costs""" are a TOTAL CONJOB, being used to rip off the whole of our economy, and eviscerate the finances of the working class. And the "real" medical costs that DO exist are ALSO a victim of The Design Ante, where MILLIONS are spent on machines to simply displace a few workers.

But NOW, the hospital is now that machine mfr's BITCH, forever. Pay to fix the machine, muthafucka, or watch the hospital shut down. And pay exhorbitantly. And pay forever. And f*ck the displaced employees who would NOT have broken down.... mebbe a sick day here and there.... lol

And you can surmise this from their bullshit billing. I was given a $7,000 dental bill, by accident. That same bill went to my insurance company -- $239.00. Hilarious, eh? Now, had I not been covered, those muthafuckas would in fact be dunning me for $7,000. Oh, our COSTS, our COSTS..... yeah, right.....

>>the fact that there is 1/100 the mechanical complexity in an electric than >>in an ICE. > > That is a stupid claim that you won't support with anything other than > more stupid claims.

Now for the crux of the Design Ante:

That is a *transparently OBVIOUS* claim to ANYONE who has removed -- or made -- a crankshaft, fergodsakes. Or taken apart a transmission. You ever take apart a transmission????? If you have, and you still don't see the obviousness of this assertion, then you need much more detox than I originally thought.

Now, sure, there's some subtler technology, as well, such as in battery chemistry, and I hope yer not so 'luded up as to think I was talking about RCMers mixing their own battery paste. So, what, the Volt is $5000 for the car, and $40,000 for the batteries????????

From your previous above points, here's what you and your gummint-fellating ilk don't get.

In 1974, half the fukn world was driving around in a 42 or 54 hp air-cooled

2,000# beetle, that did perfectly fine in an era when 55 mph signs existed only on windy side-roads. So what happened?

Well, assholes like you decided that their fukn Goth-to-be shitty li'l babies needed BABY-ON-BOARD signs in every fukn car window in Merka, with 35 cupholdes, 10 airbags, and 64 bit navigation -- cuz, I can only surmise, Le Pubic is too fukn stupid to read a printed fuknMAP -- and the "ante of bullshit engineering" went stratospheric, so that, in a number of senses, you are right. RCMers -- NOR ANYONE ELSE -- couldn't even think about bringing such gratuitously technology-inflated products to market.

Fuuuuuck, John Z DELOREAN couldn't bring his product to market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! An assertion which you conveniently ig'd. How Tesla finagled it, idk, but, hey, timing (and graft) is everything......

So you tell me, O Mighty DeeZine Sage and Manufacturing Wizard:

Exactly WHY was the 1974 54 hp beetle good enough then -- and good enough for 1/2 the driving world -- but it's shit now? Can you imagine the mpg of that car, with a decent motor in it? I'm sure we'd be talking 70 mpg with a pure ICE, and much higher with any hybridization.

Well, I'll tell you why the 1974 Beetle is not good enough for you or anyone else now, in 2013.

Because you and Le Pubic have been so simultaneously mindfucked AND assfucked, when you sit down for your morning cereal, you don't know whether to insert the spoonfuls of cereal in your mouth, or in your ass. The ambivalent proly alternate. Hey, why not??

>>Altho the Prius c is starting to get there. >> >>As far as Wrangler peeple being able to afford a volt, why not stick >>Mercedes in there, as well? > > Why don't YOU admit that neither the price nor the tech is the reason > you're not buying an EV. What you're really after is a PITS Mark 1. > Those are already available at

Oh, so yer a psychoANAList now?? And why, *exactly*, am I not buying an EV????

Hmmmm, could it be cuz I already got two cars??????? AND that I drive MUCH less than the avg person? Heh, NYC subways, donchaknow...... all-electric subways, I might add.... lol. Could it be that I'm just a li'l tapped right now, from the Haas GR510 that's coming in two weeks?? AND my bustid effing Fadal?? Hmmmmm??????

If I could justify it in any way, I'd buy the Volt in a HEARTBEAT. Which should have been clear to even the krw assholes leaving their mouse droppings in the previous thread.

I'm going to restart that thread with some new calcs, which will basically show that on a MPG basis, the Volt makes sense in only selected low-kWhr rate areas. And even then, it will have a miserably long ROI compared to budget ICE cars, like the Fit, Versa, Yaris, others. KBB is fullashit in their cost-to-own analysis.

In high kWhr areas, the Volt will be just another semi-decently -- and overpriced -- efficient ICE car. 'tis what 'tis.

I could go on about the Ante of Design, and how the hundreds of millions of people who start the digestion prcess via their anuses make life REALLY difficult for people who are still lucid enough to put the cereal spoon in their mouths, but that's its own thread as well.

Look up Monster Cables (via Radio Shack), to see how self-absorbed audiophiles were conned into believing that gold plated RCA-to-RCA cables, with fancy insulation, at $100 per pair, would give them better fidelity -- vs. the 49c generic cables -- just as a start.

Then Donny Deutsch, on his bullshit Big Idea, featured dat ripoff conman as a Great Entreepreeneer..... Fuck Radio Shack, Fuck Monster Cable, Fuck dat womanizing but still a closeted fagit Donny Deutsch.

Reply to
Existential Angst