any ideas for dealing with heat...

Trying to laser engrave moldmax. the stuff is some kind of berylium/copper
mix.
It just melts and redeposits. I can do brass ok.
any ideas?
Reply to
vinny
Been a long time since I did EDM work, but we used tungsten when EDMing copper. No sure if that is still the case.
Best, Steve
Reply to
Garlicdude
Chronic beryllium disease Workers who inhale beryllium-containing dust or fumes, metal oxides, alloys, ceramics, or salts may become sensitized to beryllium and develop chronic beryllium disease (CBD). CBD is a serious lung disease that can be disabling and even fatal.
Recent information suggests that even low levels of exposure over a period of only weeks or months can lead to CBD in some workers.
Symptoms of CBD include unexplained cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, loss of appetite, weight loss, fever, and night sweats. CBD usually develops very slowly. Workers may not experience symptoms of the disease until several years after their exposure.

PrecisionmachinisT
FUCKIT! THIS THREAD IS DEAD! (before I am!)
The last thing in the world you want to laser engrave is moldmax hh. It creates the finest particles of all machining processes, and at over 2% berylium...
no thanks!
Reply to
vinny
Steve,
Thx, very nice looking parts and the peanut/foam ratio was perfect as well--appreciate pass my compliments onto the missus, if you ever needing any machine gun parts just give me the word :)
Thanks again...
--SVL
Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT
PM/SVL, Thanks for the instantaneous payment! I'd do the parts for free it's the Mrs. that wants the $$.
Thanks and best to you and your Misses!
Steve
Reply to
Garlicdude