Blind Car Drivers?

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindness
"Approximately ten percent of those deemed legally blind, by any measure, have no vision. The rest have some vision, from light perception alone to relatively good acuity."
If I were a caregiver for a partially sighted person, it'd be convenient to have them use the ATM from the driver side passenger seat. The Braille would be a good 'parallel information path'.
I can 'see' that. :)
--Winston
--

Congratulations Robert Piccinini and Steven A. Burd, WalMart Publicists of the
Year!

Have you seen traffic tickets, issued in braille? That's, next, probably.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote:

That's because they use the same keypad in walkup ATMs. It reduces the inventory needed for service work, and the chances of being out of a Braille keypad when needed. I used to work next door to a Diebold service center, and talked to their techs when I was on break. They have guaranteed response & repair times in their contracts with banks and all of their other equipment. That is why most repairs are done at the assmbly level, rather than the component level. I used to get dozens of two year old gel cells for free from other bank equipment repair people that were replaced before they had a chance to fail.
--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:38:27 -0800, BottleBob

Will it work on chastity belts?
Then there are the "vibrators"--depends where they are placed--and intensity (and density)....
The car may not make it out of the parking space, but the driver (ahem !!!)...