Bonding ceramic and cbn to carbide.

Has anyone have any experience in brazing cbn or ceramic to carbide? I want to make up some special tooling and this requires using this procedure. I have tried brazing but it is not bonding well at all.

John

Reply to
John

You might try

?PMAKA=505-2733&PMPXNO=946160&PARTPG=INLMK3 Unka George (George McDuffee)

...and at the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased, and the epitaph drear: ?A Fool lies here, who tried to hustle the East.?

Rudyard Kipling The Naulahka, ch. 5, heading (1892).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

The first trick to brazing is picking the correct braze alloy, and cleanliness. You have to find an alloy that wets both materials. If it puddles up on either material then it won't braze.

ca

Reply to
clay

You may try to copper/nickel or chrome plate both material, than braze them together. Just my 2 cents! JS

Reply to
Protagonist