Spindle Orient parameters

?x?%AR!E÷?â ??ît§ci\$Z? Ð ????¹½MdG¼~¯?Ê?B?²¤~k? °?

Reply to
Dennis Frey

I worked in the service dept. during the time that machine was built.

However I dont recall a CHNC with a C axis , it's just a plan turning machine , no point of having a C axis.

In the display is there a C axis shown?

I may have the prints here, so will look, in any case "Parameters" are probably not at issue.

Regards Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

The prints I have show "M19" marked "For Future Use" if anything the M19 would cause the spindle to orient to the marker pulse only ,and would not involve a C axis command. (I think).

I will look around a bit more.

Regards Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

I just looked at a print that had the 1 degree orient option(was not aware of one) they were built after I left.

Give Hardinge a call and get the print package for your machine.

Good Luck Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

It depends on what spindle drive you have in the machine. There is a spindle orient board piggybacked on the main drive board on some of the fanuc spindle boards. The work off the encoder and/ or the magnetic pickup attached to the spindle. The fault will probably be in that area

The boards have lights to tell whats happing and what isn't. The spindle drive manual should have enough info to isolate the problem.

John

Reply to
John

I guess a guy could mount a cutter to make spur gears. Just trying to come up with an idea why assuming no live tools.

Wes S

Reply to
clutch