bonding to stainless steel

Hello,

I'm interested in bonding polymer to a stainless steel surface. What is a good interface for this... silane, zirconium, phosphate film? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Hats64

Reply to
hats64

A grade of plexar or admer probably would do the trick if you can do it under heat and pressure (grade needed depends on polymer used)..

Reply to
L Alpert

How do you intend doing the bonding? Is it a heated pressing, or can you apply an adhesive for what you want? We have had success bonding various polymers to stainless steel and galvanised steel using moisture curing urethane adhesives, both liquid and reactive hot melt. Contact me if you want more details.

Colin Reed Business Development Manager - Adhesives Rosehill Polymers Ltd

Colin Reed

If you can do it under heat and pressure you can use Vitel 2700 (Polyester resin - Bostik) and Degalan P24 (acrylic resin-Degussa) and ethyl acetate as solvent.

This heat seal will show excellent adhesion on plain PET, Alufoil, PS and PA and seal over stainless steel at 200 degrees C / 40 PSI / 1 second for 100 microns Steel.

Or you can use a PU solvent-base adhesive single component ( Coim-Novacote, Henkel, R&H)

If you wanna try the Heat Seal option, let me know, I can send you more details regarding the recipe.

regards,

Rodrigo

hats64 wrote:

Reply to