Haas mill advice

Tnik:

Excuse me, are you saying that Haas sells their HSM feature in blocks of time - that eventually run out and have to be renewed?

I know they have a timer that runs out and essentially shuts down the functionality of the machine where you have to call them for a password/code to get the machine up and running again. (I assume in cast the machine is stolen or the payments haven't been made).

Reply to
BottleBob

This is an interesting topic if you extrapolate it out to include the underlying business model Bob. Did you know for example, of the HAAS high yeild bond "conferences"? When Drexel was around they had what was known in the industy as the "Predators Ball" at the Beverley Wilshire every year. Credit card debt and home mortgages weren't the only debt that's been securitized.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Oh no, sorry if it sounded like that.. when we purchased the machine (and maybe still today) Haas gave 200 hours of 'trial' for certain features.. Well ours was already ran out when we got the machine, so I'm trying to get it ;)

(scroll all the way to the bottom)

Reply to
tnik

Tnik:

Thanks for clearing that up. I was starting to get all "PV'd" about it. LOL

It's still a "Fanuc Options" kind of thing. What did John Carroll call their strategy meetings - the "Predators Ball".

Reply to
BottleBob

Huh? "This is an interesting topic if you extrapolate it out to include the underlying business model Bob." and "Credit card debt and home mortgages weren't the only debt that's been securitized."

is the interesting part. Try before you buy is great but there are other attributes that are of more value to HAAS Automation than a sales tool. Much more.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll