Kysor Johnson model R saw questions

I bought a K-J model R saw to use when I move my stock rack to the warehouse side of the shop, I'll keep my old saw on the shop side.

I'm currently cleaning, rewiring and re-working the hydraulics for automatic downfeed when I start the saw.

On a model R what stops the frame at the bottom of the cut? Is it the hydraulic cylinder? Or was it the limit switch which is no longer there. Someone welded in a piece of pipe to serve as a stop on this saw.

Dake now services these saws and I got the owner/parts manual for it but there is no picture or description of the stop.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Mine has a round piece bolted to the inside that stops against the table near the end pictured. The bolt is off center so that the round piece can be rotated to adjust the closed height.

Reply to
Lynn

Could you email me a picture, the side opposite the handle (the side I pictured) was cut off, is this where it was attached? Maybe the former owners needed more clearance for an angle cut.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

There should be a hole in the side opposite the handle. If the rear side has been cut so that it is not the same shape as the front, all bets are off. If is still intact, then do this:

Make a 1-5/8" dia. x 1" long piece of steel. Drill and tap a 5/16-18 hole in it that is 11/32' off center. Bolt it through the hole and rotate it till the correct height is set.

Reply to
Lynn

All bets are off, see pic