Lapping dilema

Are there any experts here on the process of lapping vaginium? Common practice usuaully entails drilling, reaming then lapping. But I've been told when working with vaginium, it's better to do the lapping first, then do the drilling. Also, when lapping the vaginium, should you use slow speed or very rapid speed? Dixon

Reply to
Dixon

Speed isnt critical but I've found it best to lap one side only--if in doubt as to which side do the sniff test--if it smells like shit turn it over....oh and if it smells like tuna, let someone else lap it....

Reply to
over a barrel

I am sorry about the spelling error, the material is VANADIUM that I'll be working with. Does that make a differance in procedure?

Dixon

Reply to
Dixon