Lathe auto tool changer - which is best

Hi,

We are looking at CNC lathes and there is a bunch of different layouts for the tool changers. Having no experience with CNC lathes, we are at the mercy of the sales staff. What's the plus and minus of the various designs?

Slant bed Horizontal rotary turret Vertical rotary turret with axis perpendicular to the spindle Vertical rotary turret with axis parallel to the spindle

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave, I can't do that

Far and away the most common style. This will have the least interference of adjacient tools with work.

Reply to
Alphonso

Your work, the type, size, shape, material, quantities, etc. determine what machine is best.

Can't very well look for a machine or in this case recommend a machine without knowing the basics.

Reply to
noneya

Thanks Alphonso, a great response.

Dave