Lathe door interlock

Captain Larry wrote in news:31a29ccf-2705- snipped-for-privacy@v31g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:

Some of the machines I work on used to use a keep relay (DGN Bit). Or a key switch or a soft key setting. But nowadays the only way to disable them is physical.

Reply to
D Murphy

Now that would be funny......LOL.

Reply to
brewertr

I did a search for tool pre-setter and came across this.....

CNC Cookbook:

look about halfway down.

[ Nice Indicator Sweeper

Somewhere I came across BottleBob's site and saw this very nicely made copy of the SPI "Zero-It" indicator sweeper ]

-- Tom

brewertr

Dan:

I didn't know my site addresses would word wrap or I would have TinyURL'em.

Now that was cool. He was really skewered but good. The doctor was pushing on the rod, or whatever, and when it suddenly let go I about jumped out of my chair. I was thinking this guy isn't going to survive this without being permanently disfigured. But jeeze, two days later and he looked like nothing had happened.

Reply to
BottleBob

Tom:

Well, at least he left my name in. LOL

Once you put something online, it's public property.

Reply to
BottleBob

Kirk:

On our Haas VF-6 mill, you can go to the option screen that says Door Hold Override (I think it's option 51), and change it from the default OFF, to ON. And the door interlock is disabled until the machine is restarted. It's part of the normal startup procedure everyone in our shop uses.

Reply to
BottleBob

BottleBob wrote in news:OLqdnRSFsOTjQQHUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I was amazed at how good he looked. Especially around his eye and nose. The X-ray showed lots of damge around his eye socket.

But if you notice, he was still moving his mouth and tongue real slow and tentative. That had to hurt. Ooof.

Reply to
D Murphy

I see he even had a picture of Don's truck, (Who runs the Practical Machinist board) Lot's of "familiar" pictures..

Reply to
Half-nutz