Looking for thread rolling dies.

I'm trying to find a set (3) of thread rolling dies, 56 tpi, about 8mm dia. x about 6mm long, with a hole about 3mm dia. but keep coming up
empty.
If you have a link, or a suggestion as to where to find these I would appreciate it.
TIA.
Lewis.
*****
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 08:54:25 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Many older thread "rollers" use a long pair of dies that actually roll the thread into the material. Often the dies are 8-24" long (infor for the less informed readers)
The newer machines use round dies ...
Are you sure you are looking for Rolling dies? What brand and type machine will these be going into?
http://www.haritontools.com/
http://www.tesker.com/thread_dies.html
http://www.tool-masters.com/threadingtools.htm
Its HIGHLY unlikely you will find thread rolling dies in a hobby oriented newsgroup (included alt.machines.cnc) as they are not all that common or desireable for most hobbiests. Im sure a few guys have some..but probably in the most common sizes.
Shrug...perhaps the boys on alt.machine.cnc will have some ideas, as that is a commerically oriented newsgroup.
The above links may be able to provide you with new dies..perhaps even used ones. Lots more out there. Shrug
Hope that helped. If you need any further assistance, feel free to post.
Gunner
GUNNER'S PRAYER: "God grant me the serenity to accept the people that don't need to get shot, the courage to shoot the people that need shooting and the wisdom to know the difference. And if need be, the skill to get it done before I have to reload."
0

http://www.britcycle.com/Products/221/22133.htm

Thanks, Gunner, here is a link to the Hozan bicycle spoke threading tool that I have:-
http://aebike.com/page.cfm?action=details&PageID=30&SKU=TL2425
I know that the set of 3 dies has been available in the past but the companies that used to stock them are out.
The COMPLETE head is available but that is not what I want, as mine is in great shape.
I've 'Googled' several times and posted on a couple of newsgroups, without success, so I think it is fair to assume that not many people make their own bicycle spokes. :-)
Kind regards.
Lewis.
*****

Wow...a toy threader! Thats pretty cool!
No..Id have to say that those that make their own are a very very small minority.
<G>
Keep in touch
Gunner

http://www.kinefac.com /
??
kicks butt at what they do...but will it help. Luck.

Site Timeline