Machining census...please participate.

2 questions....do you use some kind of cad or cam at your job, and if yes, what brand('s) and version('s) do you use the most?
******************
For me at the moment...mastercamx3 for cnc milling, and conversational for lathe.

Mastercam, v9.1, mill level 3 and lathe entry, sooner or later I will be dragged, kicking and squealing into X4
vinny wrote:

Smurfcam (Surfcam) Smurf 2005
--

Regards,
Steve Saling

Inventor 2010 for design.
A's Noggin-Cam w/PSPad for programming.
--
Anthony

SmartCAM for Toshiba TMF-3 with live tooling Mori SH For base files that are turned into 4 axis programs for 6 tire mold sidewall letter engraving machines. Wire EDMs
UG NX5 for Any 3d work for the sidewall letter engraving machines Mori-NT 2spindle rotating head no lower turret machine
OpenMind For direct tread engraving on a DMG DMC60T
Along with AutoCAD for drawing review.
Like to use one piece of software but each of the above have their strengths.

Tell me more about sidewall engraving, sounds interesting. I thought that stuff was molded?

Solidworks 2010 for design.
Only manual machines, so no CAM required.
Charlie

Paper drawings at work, Alibre for my stuff.
Calculator and text editor for programming the 4-axis lathe.

Alibre at home (my machines at home are manual), at work we use Solidworks and there is one seat of Esprit. However, the two ME's are most likely found programming at the control. We do mostly turning and the mill work is simple stuff like tap and drill with facing off if we are milling.
I just fix the machines when they break them.
Wes

I already filled out and sent back my census.
Oh another census... NX6 (playing with 7 but waiting for 7.5).
-- Bill

I already filled out and sent back my census.
Oh another census... NX6 (playing with 7 but waiting for 7.5).
****** NX to me is like an ex girlfriend sex maniac. I may never run nx again, but damn I lust after her!

UG NX7 for every thing
regards
SKN
GibbsCAM2010_x64_v9.5.7 Jerry

vinny wrote:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=etch+a+sketch
--
Black Dragon

Hear that...

Pro/Engineer

Bob-Cad/Cam V21 for Mill and Lathe.
Just signed up for school on V23, which I have, just haven't started using it yet.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Edgecam since 1991.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

1. No, but I work with those that do all day long.
2. ...Can't think of a witty answer fast enough to justify the loss of productive work time so I'll just type this instead.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.