Machining census...please participate.

Mastercam, v9.1, mill level 3 and lathe entry, sooner or later I will be dragged, kicking and squealing into X4

Reply to
"D"

Smurfcam (Surfcam) Smurf 2005

Reply to
Garlicdude
2 questions....do you use some kind of cad or cam at your job, and if yes, what brand('s) and version('s) do you use the most?

******************

For me at the moment...mastercamx3 for cnc milling, and conversational for lathe.

Reply to
vinny

"vinny" wrote in news:ho0r6u$tcc$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Inventor 2010 for design.

A's Noggin-Cam w/PSPad for programming.

Reply to
Anthony

SmartCAM for Toshiba TMF-3 with live tooling Mori SH For base files that are turned into 4 axis programs for 6 tire mold sidewall letter engraving machines. Wire EDMs

UG NX5 for Any 3d work for the sidewall letter engraving machines Mori-NT 2spindle rotating head no lower turret machine

OpenMind For direct tread engraving on a DMG DMC60T

Along with AutoCAD for drawing review.

Like to use one piece of software but each of the above have their strengths.

Reply to
Mike

Solidworks 2010 for design.

Only manual machines, so no CAM required.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Tell me more about sidewall engraving, sounds interesting. I thought that stuff was molded?

Reply to
vinny

Paper drawings at work, Alibre for my stuff.

Calculator and text editor for programming the 4-axis lathe.

Reply to
Robin S.

I already filled out and sent back my census.

Oh another census... NX6 (playing with 7 but waiting for 7.5).

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill

I already filled out and sent back my census.

Oh another census... NX6 (playing with 7 but waiting for 7.5).

****** NX to me is like an ex girlfriend sex maniac. I may never run nx again, but damn I lust after her!
Reply to
vinny

UG NX7 for every thing

regards

SKN

Reply to
Nagesh S K

GibbsCAM2010_x64_v9.5.7 Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Black Dragon

Pro/Engineer

Reply to
MadHatter

Bob-Cad/Cam V21 for Mill and Lathe.

Just signed up for school on V23, which I have, just haven't started using it yet.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

Edgecam since 1991.

Reply to
Alphonso

Alibre at home (my machines at home are manual), at work we use Solidworks and there is one seat of Esprit. However, the two ME's are most likely found programming at the control. We do mostly turning and the mill work is simple stuff like tap and drill with facing off if we are milling.

I just fix the machines when they break them.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

  1. No, but I work with those that do all day long.
  2. ...Can't think of a witty answer fast enough to justify the loss of productive work time so I'll just type this instead.
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill