Metal Finishing Questions

I'm not able to match the texture of the grinding wheel with 600 grit paper... it's too smooth and doesn't leave the same kind of finish a grinding wheel does. While it does look better it's not an exact match to the grinding wheel finish which is what I'm really after. Maybe I should try 400 grit paper and it might get me closer?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

After doing some research I'm going to try hard wood cubes as I think on steel parts they might give a better result than walnut shells or corncob pieces.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Mon, 18 May 2009 22:04:03 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

What in your "research" brought you to this conclusion?
On Mon, 18 May 2009 22:36:41 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Geeze.....this...is gonna be good......
Gunner
On May 18, 10:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Press release and advertisement from hard wood cube manufacturer.

Result After Testing:
Hardwood cubes outperformed walnut shells on steel.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA