Precision Jacks

Who besides Mitutoyo makes precision jacks for very accurate leveling?

Mitutoyo makes the Series 7 Micro Jack (7850)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Who besides Mitutoyo makes precision jacks for very accurate leveling?

Mitutoyo makes the Series 7 Micro Jack (7850)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon, Starrett makes them but I would hardly call them precision. Brown&Sharpe used to make a nice leveling fixture. It was a table that was approx. 6" sq. and had leveling screws. I searched the net but I can't seem to find an example, maybe they no longer make them.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Steve,

Something like this would work very well for what I need but they won't support the weight like the Mitutoyo Precision Jacks will.

I don't even need the micrometer scale but I do need .0001 adjustability.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

No further comment, Steve?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Jon, I liked those screws that you linked to. I would think they would work well if you decided to make some precision jack screws.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

I think they would work very well but they won't hold enough weight for what I have in mind. At this point I see very little option except to spend huge money ($300 each) for three Mitutoyo Series 7 Micro Jacks (7850)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer