OT: Looking for efficient parts cut per bar formula

I need to create a spreadsheet to calculate the most efficient way to cut up bars with a number of different length parts coming from the
same bars. ie I have 5 12ft lengths and have as many 6in pieces and 7.3in pieces as possible from the bars. I like a formula, if anybody has one, to calculate many of each length in each bar is the most efficient. -Thanks
Add pictures here
โœ–

http://tinyurl.com/4yfy27t
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Sep 15, 7:54 pm, "PrecisionmachinisT"

Thanks, already had that search, was kinda hoping someone had the math.
Add pictures here
โœ–

The math is in pretty much all of those programs...you just need to extract the source code is all...
--piece of cake, no ?
Curious why duplicate effort when someone else has already been there done it...
Add pictures here
โœ–
On Sep 16, 10:26 am, "PrecisionmachinisT"

Sure nothing to it, ever tried to decompile a programme? I've looked at some of those ,they are written in VB,can't be decompiled, and the C/C++ ones I'm not gonna try

I have already written an programme that includes calculating the number on bars I'd need for a job,it'd just not optimized and I some times end up with more extra than I'd like,and with costs on the way up gotta improve.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Just Me wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q-+nesting+algorithms
--
Black Dragon

Get in touch with your feelings of hostility against the dying light.
โœ–
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Can you say excel?
Best, Steve
--

Regards,
Steve Saling

I think he can say it, but if you ask him to write a formula that will produce "excel" as the answer he hits the wall. ;-)
Add pictures here
โœ–
Just Me wrote:

Maybe if you spent the time creating an Excel spreadsheet instead of useless arguing with Gunner and the like you'd have your per bar formula working.
--

Regards,
Steve Saling

Arguing with gunner is entertainment ,it doesn't get in the way of real life. I have a spreadsheet for this,it's just not as efficient as it could be,and I was hoping to find a the bit of more advanced calculations
Add pictures here
โœ–