Offset Formula

Offset Formula for Guitar Frets

Hi I'm trying to model a guitar neck the distance between each fret is controlled by a formula.

Fret 1 = Scale_Length/17.817 Distance from Nut to First fret

Fret 2 = (Scale_Length - Fret 1)/17.817 Distance from First to second

Fret 3 = (Scale_Length - Fret 2)/17.817 Distance from second to third

Fret 4 = (Scale_Length - Fret 3)/17.817 Distance from third to fourth

Etc

The scale length is the distance between the Nut (Top of guitar) to the Bridge, which does vary from make to make.

As you can see the distance between each thread gradually decreases.

I would like to input the the Scale length & Number of Frets and have proe handle the offsets based on the above.

I hope I make myself clear?

By the way Proe 2001.

Thanks

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hey thanks David I like the look of Pro/PROGRAM, I use VBA quite a bit and have wrote the code for what I want to do in VBA

Scale_Length = Me.Scale_Len.Value ' Enter scale length NOoffrets_val = Me.NOoffrets.Value 'Enter number of frets

For i = 1 To NOoffrets_val

Me.Dist = Scale_Len / 17.817

Debug.Print Me.Dist

Scale_Len.Value = Scale_Len - Me.Dist

Next i

Hopefully not to difficult to convert to Pro/PROGRAM.

Reply to
Geoff