OT- Something for Gearheads

This is a neat little video. Family safe, too.
http://thefiftiesandsixties.com/CarsWeDrove.htm
Later,
Charlie

I had that 62 impala Coupe with the rubber bumpers once. White with red interior.--gabsolutely utless 327 vacuum retrard dist. Finally gave it up after the steering locked one day almost ended up nosediving off I-205 onramp onto the sr-14 underpass below, oh well..Still got the red puke.

I'm so glad it's GONE! My furnace is acting up, and the guy I know who does furnaces for a living is in no big hurry to pick up his custom machined part and pay back a favor.
Later,
Charlie
Charlie Gary wrote:

    Something a little older, and a bit of manufacturing history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KrIMZpwCY

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

BottleBob wrote:
> Something a little older, and a bit of manufacturing history. >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KrIMZpwCY

My landlord is a great source of info on Model T's, and owns 5 or 6, depending upon how complete one must be to count as a full car. The shop I work in now, he built for his shop back in the 60's when he used to reproduce T parts. My having a shop was key to getting this place, he liked that someone would once again be using it for what it had been intended. When I got married 20 years ago, he drove us from the wedding to the reception in his convertible 4 door T. It quit halfway there, took some fiddling with the coils to get it going again. We sure attracted a lot of attention, having at least a quarter mile of cars backed up behind us on that two lane highway! Gave us a better appreciation for what motoring was like back then, as well as for how far cars have come!
Jon