OT- Something for Gearheads

This is a neat little video. Family safe, too.

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

I had that 62 impala Coupe with the rubber bumpers once. White with red interior.--gabsolutely utless 327 vacuum retrard dist. Finally gave it up after the steering locked one day almost ended up nosediving off I-205 onramp onto the sr-14 underpass below, oh well..Still got the red puke.

Reply to
Bipolar_Bear

I'm so glad it's GONE! My furnace is acting up, and the guy I know who does furnaces for a living is in no big hurry to pick up his custom machined part and pay back a favor.

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Something a little older, and a bit of manufacturing history.

BottleBob

We had a 1 ton, extended frame '22 or '23 C cab flat bed truck. The frame was added to the rear of the normal one and had a second rear axle that was chain driven from the original axle. Ours had sprockets arranged to produce a 3 to 1 reduction. We used ours to pick up hay from the field and carry it to the barn. Set the trottle at one notch and the spark at 3 notches, tie the steering wheel down, and you could walk faster than it moved, throwing bales on it the whole time. It would hold about 50 bales.

Reply to
Alphonso

Jon

Reply to