Not exactly OT - Cars from the fifties & sixties

Wanna take a stroll, errr make that "drive", down Memory Lane ? Turn your speakers up and check these links:

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

speakers up and check

Loved the 409 song. Back in the 70's my barracks mate had a 4 DR 1958 Biscayne with a 409 425HP engine in it. Blackwall tires, oxididized paint, quiet dual exhaust. Loved to let jerks get off the line ahead of him and then swallow them up a bit down the road. Had to be nice to that two piece drive shaft.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

speakers up and check

Thanks Bob,

Ahhh, yesterday. Loved the pics, and the sounds too. Reminds me of the days in my four speed 63 Ford 405HP 406ci. Hurst shifter (metal content), and 4.11s. Tires didn't last long back then, at least on the back axle.

The "Good Old Days."

George Vigneron

Reply to
George

for those so inclined, there's a photo or two of a pink 59 cad on my web page,

- click on hobbies then cars does that qualify?

it has factory stock 6-pack - three dual rochesters with vacuum >> Wanna take a stroll, errr make that "drive", down Memory Lane ? Turn

Reply to
William Noble

Beautiful car, William!

Sure brings back memories! I drove a '59 Coupe DeVille, silver gray, in '60/'61.

Prior to the Cad, I had a '58 Olds 98 Convertible with the same carburetor setup-----they called it a J2 as I recall.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Harold sez:

Beautiful car, William! (Bob seconds that !)

Sure brings back memories! I drove a '59 Coupe DeVille, silver gray, in '60/'61.

Prior to the Cad, I had a '58 Olds 98 Convertible with the same carburetor setup-----they called it a J2 as I recall.

Yep! Great (old ?) minds do seem to think alike. In those days, my idea of a "small car" was a

2-door Caddie. Matter of fact, I had one, a 57 C/d'Ville. But it was too small

- traded it in on a

57 Lincoln.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

because of the 6 pack, and a (stock) low ratio rear end, that cadillac is faster than you would think - it's really kinda amusing to see the look on the face of a hotshot that can't keep up. Now, it won't outrun my day car which claims 0 to 60 in 5.3 seconds and a top speed of 180, but it will sure keep up with traffic.

Oh, and it has a "special" feature - because of the vacuum linkage, when you have it floored and then remove your foot from the gas, it takes a second or more to dump vacuum and close the secondaries - those seconds are always filled with a rush of adrenaline.

Reply to
William Noble