Prices.... holy shit...

Awl--

Got off the phone with Hadco, the big-dick alum supplier in these parts, and surprisingly, a lot of stuff is about $2.50 a pound, not that much higher than a year ago. wow... It's just a matter of time tho....

OTOH, ahm fixin to buy a 5/16 radius concave cutter from a 2006 MSDS catalog, $49 (Meda import), but, uh-oh, NOW it's $96!!!! goodgawd....

Apropos of JRW's excellent posts/logic, man, for one'sies/two'sies, this is a real kick in the ass, yo.

And, it's just going to get worse. Which I will explain in some detail in the upcoming New PV Economics.

Maybe this is now a Starbuck's Concave Cutter....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated®©

PV,

Give me some more info on the cutter and I will check on pricing for you. Even with shipping charges it may be less expensive, but you never know.

If you have a catalog number I can cross it over from or the dimensions I will see what I can do for you. JR

Reply to
JRWheels

Yeah, since the shift in the $ vs Euro, I have been selling a LOT more stuff internationally, mostly in Europe, but all over, too. But, shipping is a real shocker. I just looked up the shipping for a 4 Lb box to the UK, and it was $214 - $248 with various couriers! FOUR POUNDS! I ended up sending it USPS international priority for about $50, but couldn't insure it for the full value. Fed Ex and UPS certainly have a racket going on! Fuel prices go up 2X, Fed Ex rates go up 5x.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

PV,

Give me some more info on the cutter and I will check on pricing for you. Even with shipping charges it may be less expensive, but you never know.

If you have a catalog number I can cross it over from or the dimensions I will see what I can do for you. ==============================================

Bless you. In the Traverse '07 Cat, their 5/16 concave (shank) import is 10-271-734, at $87.55 (about $91 in 08. p.286. In the MSDS 06 cat, it's 5693040, p. 133., $49.50, now 96+. MSC, 06/07: p. 445 03017639 $122, Whitney.

Mebbe I can *rent* one??!!

I have read that import prices are quickly rising to the point where USA is more competitive. With bulky items, like treadmills, machine tools, the shipping alone is eating up big bucks--$300+ for treadmills!

Reply to
Proctologically Violated®©

PV,

Do a double check on this link for Part # DS70-693040

Production Tool Supply. If you call in with a Credit Card the price to you will be $79.87. There are 13 of these cutters in stock. I can't see where shipping charges will be too bad. Shipping direct from Warren MI. can't be too bad can it ?

Call into the office at (574) 267-0032 and ask for Rosie. She can place the order and get it rolling for you. She's going to try to get you to setup an account to save you a little money on the next order so be prepared to be asked if you want to fill out a credit application. She's the best Customer Service Rep you could ask for.

Sincerely, JR

Reply to
JRWheels

PV,

Do a double check on this link for Part # DS70-693040

Production Tool Supply. If you call in with a Credit Card the price to you will be $79.87. There are 13 of these cutters in stock. I can't see where shipping charges will be too bad. Shipping direct from Warren MI. can't be too bad can it ?

Call into the office at (574) 267-0032 and ask for Rosie. She can place the order and get it rolling for you. She's going to try to get you to setup an account to save you a little money on the next order so be prepared to be asked if you want to fill out a credit application. She's the best Customer Service Rep you could ask for. ===================================

I'll buzz them tomorrow. Appreciate the source.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated®©

We have also been selling internationally much more than before. One trick I've learned is to *never* pre-quote international shipping... Another is to ask them for their UPS/FedEx/DHL account number, let them arrange the shipment details or even use a Unishippers option for palletized stuff to let them search out the best price for me.

My boxes range from 3# to 80# and pallets are usually 500# or more so it makes a huge dent in my profit or worse when I pre-quote shipping and then have to eat the difference 3-5 weeks later when we actually ship.

P.s. Sometimes the customer is in a country where shipping is somehow less expensive. If they arrange the shipment details and bill you (incoming) or are prepared to pay it themselves for outgoing, it can actually save them or you a good amount.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R ** Posted from
**
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Home depot.

Porter Cable 5/16 In. Roundover Carbide Router Bit

Model 42905PC

$29.97/Each

Reply to
GORF

PV:

Your Price: $49.36 ea

MSC #: 05208616

Radius (Inch): 5/16 Shank Diameter (Inch): 1/2 Cutter Diameter (Inch): 1-1/8 Overall Length (Inch): 3-1/4 Number of Flutes: 4 Material: HSS Finish/Coating: TiN Big Book Page #: 452 ===============================================================

Reply to
BottleBob