Qualcomm and ISO certification

I'm curious, How can Qualcomm maintain it's ISO certification, with an IDIOT running loose in the shop? Recently said Idiot went to great lengths to announce to the world how he obtained used, non-certified inspection trinkets, and proceeded to stack them into a heap on wheels. This opens many questions. Is Jonnies garage so huge he needs to roll his inspection fantasy to whatever he is working on? Doesn't he have an inspection room? Does this collection of artifacts comprise the inspection cart for Qualcomm?

1.) Don't they have a QA department? 2.) Why are they using non-certified inspection equipment? 3.) Why do they let employees buy old junk at auction, and use that instead of certified instruments? 4.) Who is Jonnie running around and tormenting at work with his used junk circus?? 5.) How can they maintain ISO Certification with this Clown running loose?

6.) Does anyone from the ISO committee know that some BoZo is spewing all over the world about how wacky their shop is run?

7.) Doesn't this "Publicity" have a very negative impact on their corporate image?

So Jonnie Chernobyl, is that "inspection cart" for your home shop? Don't you have an inspection area set up? Is that "Inspection Station" for work? Think carefully, niether answer makes any sense.

Has anyone from corporate contacted you yet for making Qualcomm look like an asylum? I've seen other companies censor employees for a lot less, and even for posting a parody on a company private newsgroup.

Somebody will eventually get an interest, you can't keep denigrating your employer forever with your wackiness.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Love the desperation.

Shows how truly effective my posts and blog are despite your claims to the contrary.

Thanks!

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

What they should do is review Jon Banquer's employment application. There is no statute of limitations wrt to dismissal, for lying on a job app.

Other than that, jb seems to fit in with qualcomm's predatory mojo. But even they should be pissed about being played by an idiot employee.

As far as ISO etc, my limited understanding of these type shops is that they are kind of "engineering's playground", similar to a machine shop in a big University physics dept, where puhfessuhs get dey fantasies built. Not ISO-type stuff, afaict.

In physics depts, machinists make mostly stainless-steel type jugs/plumbing for high-vacuum experiments, and boucou aluminum ditties for optics/laser experiments, a good part of that 4x8x2" alum plates, with a zillion 1/4-20 holes.

Some physics dept. machinists would make a little on the side, by fixing firing pins'n'shit for students that lived in the poorer neighborhoods. :)

But overall, not a bad gig, not sink-or-swim pressures like in a jobshop. Pestered by prima donnas mebbe...

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

My last job was in ultra high vacuum, and I did in fact, not only get to fix firing pins 'n shit for the boss, I was paid to fit a massive barrel to a rolling block action, chamber it for 45-70, and machine the barrel to a tapered octagon profile. Hmm, he promised me when he got the stock done we'd go to the range and do some shootin. Think I'll give him a call and see if he ever finished that...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

lol

It's because iso is a farce. Iso says you have to do what you say you are going to do. Thats all. It's all in how they lay out the rules.

The last place I worked the iso guy would put a stamp on your tools once every 6 months to certify them. I have a 1962 prat and whitney 2" mic that is fuxored. He stamped it. He stamped my interapid indicator with the wrong tip on it. proves he never checked any of it. But the iso gimmic they had said he had to certify it. Not certify it was good, certify it was checked. It's a game.

Reply to
vinny

Was talking with a customer about his visit to city hall. Told me he got a parking ticket for backing into a parking spot in the city hall parking structure. One thing if it's posted but it wasn't, it is a little known city ordinance.

-- Tom

brewertr

Expect parking enforcement/city ordinance enforcement to occur now, with a vengeance. Which for some reason, at least in Yonkers, does not include QOL enforcement, of boomboxes and sundry homey-behaviors, etc.

Funny, Al Capone got stuck by taxes, and we are bound and gagged by our own drivers license.... and, as we will find out, anything else we think we "own".

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Cliff is in no position to make claims about what and what not I read.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Apparently you miss a lot of posts.

That is a trait of leftards and wingers. I'm neither.

Reply to
Black Dragon

By whats going on here most of the time, one can miss w/o much loss. Unless of course your in it for the *drama*

everbody lies at some point. is that dishonesty?

well said

Ah........Al Einstein,Hank Ford,Johnny Deere, my hero's! I wish they were around to ask'm questions. - e-mail'm

" Thinking always ahead, thinking always of trying to do more, brings a state of mind in which nothing is impossible. The moment one gets into the 'expert' state of mind a great number of things become impossible. "

--Henry Ford

Reply to
cncmillgil

Cliff often claims people miss posts thereby insinuating he does not.

I kill filed Google Groups posts from Aug 2007 to April 2008 with a few white listed exceptions. I mentioned several times I stopped doing it and even had a discussion about it here in alt.machines.cnc with sittingduck around June 2008.

Either a) Cliff's memory is failing (which probably explains his reading comprehension problem), b) he missed that discussion, c) he's lying, d) a combination of any or all of the above.

Reply to
Black Dragon

You can expect me to cite that the next time you say I'm missing posts.

Reply to
Black Dragon