Does your shop provide tools?

In the south you bring your own tools. Its actually part of the pay bargain gimmic. Seems a lot of people from up north show up with the smallest kennedy, and its loeaded with..shims...pins..scizzors..pens..paper...ball bearings, etc... I couldn't imaging starting a new job with no tools?

But, I have spent thousands...i guess I could of bought cocain or hookers with the money?

Do you have your own tools or are they provided?

Reply to
vinny

"vinny" on Fri, 6 Dec 2013 05:43:01 -0500 typed in alt.machines.cnc the following:

Yes.

Some places you bring your tools.

Some place have implemented 5S (hopefully correctly) and each work station has the correct tools in the proper place.

pyotr filipivich

I'll show up with SpaceClaim on my laptop and kick your ass into the next century:

For some very complex new stuff I may get to work on, SpaceClaim won't be enough because it doesn't have the needed low level surfacing tools.

Currently doing an extensive eval of Delcam PowerSHAPE. It's not perfect by any means but I very much like a lot of the tools it has, many of which are very well thought out and make the job of modifying and repairing surface models much easier and faster than the crap CADCAM you use.

************ Ok tard.....Ill bite.

"complex new stuff I may get to work on" friggen sad. Thats all I can say here.

Ok, so your looking at surfacing stuff thats much easier and faster than what I use? Well, I use Esprit now, esprit is complex and not so easy, so your point is actually accurate. In fact...f*ck esprit.

OK... your doing surface machining (well, maybe someday lol)....neat. Im impressed (not). Surface machining is no harder than any other kind of machining, 2d, solids, feature recognition, macroed, etc... But hey.....your at least excited about it, and thats a plus.

Surface machining....ok, if you want the best surface machining software there is, your going to have to go back in time, and use Camax. Anyone who has ever been in contact with Camax will back me up. It shames all there is. However....Mastercam (with enough knowledge) is fine for surfacing. In fact the real power is in the hands of the user, not so much the software. I'd go so far as to say Mastercam kicks ass at surface machining.

Your always talking about the tools, but with surfacing its more about the brain. Surface machining benefits from tricks more than other kinds of machining. Good luck.

Reply to
vinny

Not in florida. 1 out of 50 shops provides tools. usually the company does a limited amount of different things, so the tools they provide are limited. I'm not sure how I feel about it, I dont like spending 600 bux on a dang vice....but...I love my vice, its perfect. When I use my own indicator I feel better then when I use the companys stuff. Its junk, even if its good, its still junk. I guess I wish they provided tools AND i could bring in my own. That would kick ass.

As far as tools being certified, we all have to submit our tools to the iso people for certification, or the tools are marked reference.

When I;m in someone elses shop...that toolbox is mine, kinda like an embassy in a hostle country. Its my haven. THAT I wouldnt trade for anything.

Reply to
vinny