Retro a lathe

Can lathes be retrofitted? Never heard one done.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I had a Graziano retrofitted with a Bandit control. Have also seen a few Hardinge toolroom lathes retrofitted with a Bandit control.
--
Regards,
Steve Saling
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The Hardinge lathes were done buy the shop people as far as I know. My Graziano was done by a retrofitter.
If your interested this guy is Mr. Bandit, Len Albright. He has a Bandit compatable control called Shadow, and lots of Bandit spares. I know he sells package deals on mills cabled and ready to go. I can't see why he wouldn't sell a lathe package and you provide the brackets and other hardware mods etc. You would also have to wire any M functions that you might want like coolant or the like. Adding a turret becomes expensive so I would recommend Aloris type tool holders.
http://www.shadowcnc.com /
I retrofitted a Brown&Sharpe grinder with one of these controls, but had a tech do the electrical/electronic stuff.
Best, Steve
--
Regards,
Steve Saling

http://tinyurl.com/p8beg
--
SVL

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Never heard of Omniturn!? www.omni-turn.com
They are made to fit onto any older Hardinge, plus they can work up a custom mount for some other older lathes.