Seals for Rodless cylinder ?

I have a rodless cylinder on the SMW barfeeder. The seals are completely shot where the cable enters the ends of the cylinder. The price for the seals from "Them" is around $400. For a few small O- ring sized seals. That works out to about $2,000 an ounce, more than gold.

The (current) cable is about 4mm diameter. The bore for the seals is

12mm. The seals are about 12mm OD, 4mm ID, and 4.5mm thick. This is similar to a U-cup design.

Strike out with McMaster, MSC, and local hydraulics houses. I don't see any seals that small.

Smallest possible O-ring size would be a dash 007 or dash 105, if I were to make a new housing, and use a different size cable. Only possible size Quattro ring is a dash 007, again more re-design, and I'm not sure a quattro ring wil seal on the ID to an aircraft type cable.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Reply to
Half-nutz

Scott

They list the smallest seal starting at .25" or 6.34mm. Unless I am missing something. .

Thanks. Any more ideas?

Reply to
Half-Nutz

They list the smallest seal starting at .25" or 6.34mm. Unless I am missing something. .

Thanks. Any more ideas?

*******************************

Yeah, actually call them.

Jeez.

They make lots of stuff that isn't on the website, and they can do customs really fast (they freeze the material and machine it on a lathe).

I *know* they do way smaller than a quarter inch!

We got some that are rated DOS (depth of sea) to fit a 4mm cable in a through hull fitting.

Reply to
Scott

Garlicdude

CLIP

Try this gal:

Tina Sasura North Coast Seal, Inc.

5163 W. 137th Street Brook Park, Ohio 44142 216.898.5000 (phone) 216.265.4610 (fax)

Tell her Joe "AutoDrill" sent you.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Scott,

Thanks for the lead. Here is their response:

" I'm sorry, but due to limitations of our production capabilities, we cannot provide a seal of less than 12 mm ID.

Thank you for your inquiry."

I must not know the correct way to ask the question.

Reply to
Half-Nutz

on their site they say 6mm, you e-mail is 12mm.

Something is askew.

Reply to
Scott

Half Nutz Putz maybe you should call them back and use one of your many aliases so they won=92t suspect it's you again. Try 3t3d. If that doesn't work out try your favorite hang out Practically Worthless Machinist. With all the ads on Practically Worthless Machinist surely one of them must have what you think you need. .

Hope this helps,

Haywood JaBlowme Nasty City, CA... or maybe Chulajuana, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Johnnie? is that you? I thought I recognized your cloven hoofs and forked tail.

Are you so very desperate for attention that you have to resort to this? That is just so very sad. Why don't you hang out with all of your imaginary friends at your parody blog?

Still jeleous that you have been banned at nearly every venue you ever infested? You and Cliffie killed this group off, now you have no one to torment, and you are banned almost anyplace else, the instant you rear your ugly head, they kick you out.

Sucks to be you. Did Rottnecrotch throw you out too, tired of your endless abuse? Or is she as sick as you are?

Reply to
Half-Nutz

Hey, Captain Insano, why don't you elaborate on those "many aliases" that Half Nutz is posting with. Half Nutz, and 3t3D. Go ahead and list some more. You said "many", so there has to be more than one, right?

How many aliases do you have, nutcase? Hell, you have at least 3 just on Google Groups so that you can go through and give yourself those cherished "5 Star" ratings.

Are you going by Jon today? Or is it NeilJ? Brian Winters? Jeff Montgomery? Larry?

Reply to
Joe788

Yes..pull the seal and take it to any local hydraulic house and let em find you one.

Its not rocket science.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner... WTF do you think I posted? Nobody local can match it up. Nothing that small. It's not Rocket Surgery, it is not a commonly avaialbe size, around here. Any other ideas?

Reply to
Half-Nutz

Ok..what is the OD, the size of the hole in the middle, and the thickness again?

Ill check my sources.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The (current) cable is about 4mm diameter. The bore for the seals is

12mm. The seals are about 12mm OD, 4mm ID, and 4.5mm thick. This is similar to a U-cup design.

Thanks!

Reply to
Half-Nutz

Ill check Monday, will have info for you by Friday evening when I get back

Sure you cant make a seal by machining one out of some material?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch