Replaceable Tip Drills

To All:
    Here's a vid from Tool & Cutter Engineering concerning the ease of changing out replaceable drill tips - without removing tool holders
and/or resetting Z offsets.
http://www.ctemag.com/aa_pages/2009/0907_Holemaking.html
    And here is a coolant troubleshooting guide from MMSOnline:
http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/metalworking-fluid-troubleshooting-guide.aspx
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

Bob, Cutting Tool and Engineering is one of my favorite trade rags.
Best, Steve
--

Regards,
Steve Saling

Where the hole size allows it, those drills with the changeable tips really kick ass in hard materials.
Later,
Charlie
Charlie Gary wrote:

Charlie:
    Yeah, we used them occasionally for years. They can take a lot of feed rate. I overdid it once and split the tip holding drill right up the center. LOL
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

One of mine also

I liked the article a few years ago in Cutting Tool Engineering where Kirk Gordon claimed replaceable drill tips were no good and basically one was better off buying his drill sharpener. LOL.
Cutting Tool Engineer at least has some credibility. American Machinist has none.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA