Subject change: Back to photos

wrote:

It's called "thread drift". We do it in this group when the original subject gets boring. Just for you, though, I've changed the Subject line. I also cut a few groups.

It's a good shot, good composition, and deliberately "soft". It needs a boost in the contrast, though.

Excellent shot. The added contrast here, with the blacks very black, forces the eye to focus on the kitten's "face". If you have an editing program, you might paint over that area around the ear in black. It's obviously a scan of a print, but you can crop it so the edges of the print don't show.

The screen door (?) in front of her makes a rather ordinary snapshot into a rather interesting shot. Good eye.
Some of your other shots (I clicked the arrow) aren't bad at all. Since they are scans, they're a bit lacking in detail, but with the cats that can be a good effect.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Go to: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
and you will a multi-gallery of photos taken by several regulars in this photography newsgroup. Mine included, but mine are seldom the best of the bunch.
The "Shoot-In" is an about-every-month theme-based group of submissions. The moderator comes up with a mandate, and we can each submit three photos on that subject. No prizes or winners, but sometimes critiques of the shots follow in the newsgroup.
You might start with "Weapons", since that subject matter is of interest to you.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida