Retrofit in Mexico

Just shipped three containers to Mexico last week for a retrofit I am doing in Saltillo. I also sent a skid with tools and stuff I need.
Well, after my customer paid the required taxes and picked up the electrical components they refused to allow my tools in the country. This presents some issues, nothing I cant handle but still crappy. So now they are on the way back and I will have to figure a way to take some in my suitcases I suppose.
Sheesh I will be glad when this is over. I am sure there are ways around this I need to learn.
db
On 9/2/2011 6:07 PM, Dave B wrote:

Just a guess.. Ship to a bordering town, load onto a truck and drive across?

It had to do with an inventory of all the tools presented both comiing and going into the country. This was my fault for not investigating this before allowing my customer to ship them. The customer is in the top 50 largest in the world one would think they would have this covered. All is well so off to Mexico on the 18th for three weeks. db
On 9/6/2011 3:51 PM, Dave B wrote:

Have fun, and watch your back. Hope your getting hazard pay also.. lol

Can one buy kidnap insurance? required in some parts of Mexico from what I hear.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy

This is the same place a US kidnap expert went to help out. Yeah, you guessed it . http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/15/world/main4670772.shtml
db