Free!! V-belts

I have a steel "pallet box" filled with new old stock v-belts that
needs to go away. Long ones, short ones, A/B/C v-belts of all types
and styles
Got machinery that needs V-belts? Come and get this box for free and
you deal with sorting them out. Take what you dont need to the swap
meet, stockpile em, etc etc. Get em off my hands. The box is 4'x4' x
5' tall and is about 2/3rds full. Probably 2000 lbs of v-belts of all
types. They are about 10 yrs old..but have never been used. Got a
factory/facility that uses belts? Come and get em. Free-Free-Free. You
simply have to take them all.
*****
County is on my ass because of a complaint in 2011...2 yrs
ago..between me and an ex neighbor who thought one of my dogs killed
one of his (it wasnt). He couldnt find anything else to "get me "...so
he complained about that cargo container..which has been there since
2008ish.
Ive got an empty lot beside me that I have permission from the owner
to "if you keep it neat and mowed..you can use the back of it behind
the row of trees in the alley" So I put a 25' cargo container back
there, a small sailboat, a utility trailer and that box of v-belts.
Cannot be seen from the street. Now the county finally got around to
addressing the complaint from 2 yrs ago.
The neighbor has moved away..but the county wants me to remove the
"illegal dumping" and gave me 7 days to do it.
I can probably get them to give me extra time, but Im trying to find
the property owner so I can rent the lot, then put up a fence "to
enclose the property items".
My forklift of course is still broken, sigh.
The cargo container...is going to be a problem. Despite the fact
that there are many others in my neighborhood...and Im in an
unincorporated part of the county....they want it moved. And its full
of machinery that is going to need a forklift to move.
Anybody want a nice heavy duty steel utility trailer with a pickup
cargo body mounted on it? Best offer and come and get it.
The cargo body needs the locks replaced/repaired. and probably a coat
of paint. The original utility trailer was used by NASA to move
batteries of some sort around....I was told.
I need to get that forklift up and running ASAP. Or another
one..damnit
I just got off the phone with the enforcement lady..and she gave me a
little time..but not a hell of a lot. So come and get your belts, buy
the trailer..and get yourself some Good Stuff.
Gunner
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it
very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having
left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as
best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame
us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an
honest mistake."
Malcolm Wallop
former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
It sucks when you're under pressure but it can be a blessing in disguise. I got rid of a lot of stuff recently and I don't miss any of it. In fact I should get back to ridding myself of "material surplus to current needs".
Reply to
ATP
I second what ATP said, it can be a blessing in disguise. Sell the container and its contents to scrappers, you will probably get $140/ton. Same applies to the dead forklift.
Ignoramus9170
Oh, and I will be taking two dead GMC TopKick dump trucks to a scrap yard tomorrow. One has 10,000 miles and another, has 15,000 miles. But both were salter trucks and are hopelessly rusted. The engine was working on one of them.
Ignoramus9170
I was able to barter a lot of scrap metal for clean up labor and got a pretty good price for two vehicles. Now I have some space in my yard.
Reply to
ATP
A lot of scrappers, are equipped with machinery and experience to deal with junk and scrap efficiently, and cleaning up your place is no big deal to them.
I recently bought two junk forklifts for $100 (for both), and one was not even junk.
Ignoramus9170
I buy and sell machinery, and fix it for a living. Im not retired, nor am I in any position to retire and will likely die on the job in the far distant future,
So, such Stuff is part and parcel of what I do, and how I generate income. Particularly in this economy. And Im feeding 6 adults and 3 grandkids, as well as a shitload of dogs and cats.
One simply doesnt run them all off or kill them. Its not polite.
Gunner
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
The container..with the belts in it...will get me at most ...$10 for the container. Those belts are standard V belts..neopreme....you know..that black rubber stuff? Like tires...there is no cost benefit for recycling them.
The dead forklift is easily repairable..if one has money. And without a forklift..Id be even more screwed than I am now.
What the hell are you thinking?
Gunner
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
And you havent offered up the engines to a trucking company? Why the hell not?
Gunner
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
I am selling the one good engine.
Reply to
Ignoramus9170
If it does not work, you do not have a working forklift. Sell it for scrap and buy a working one later.
I would easily pay $200 for a not too rusted container.
Ignoramus9170
You said above you are selling it to the scrapers
Whats up with dat?
Gunner
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
It needs $200 in parts. A working one later will cost me a couple thousand.
48"x48"x5' tall? Really? How would you like it shipped. Do as you wish with the belts.
How do you want it trucked?
Gunner
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Gunner, come on, with your scrounging ABILITIES YOU CAN FIND ONE FOR A LOT LESS.
I meant locally. I could just pick one up.
Ignoramus6158
One of the trucks, is scrapped with engine, and the other, without engine.
Ignoramus6158
A lot less than $200? Good luck
So...are you saying then that its that way all over this nation? Even way out here in the high desert? Fascinating!
Lets see..Kern Co is .the 3rd largest county in California (the third biggest state) ..and our population is 800,000 total.
Is that like where you are at?
Sure you dont want to pay the shipping? Its only 2066.7 or so miles.
"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)
Reply to
Gunner Asch
You're like a combination of Fred Sanford and Walter Mitty. What were you going to do with those belts? How were they going to generate any income? You need to take some advice from Comrade Iggy on how to run a business.
Reply to
ATP
.... and get an intervention about the hoarding. All his talk about making $75 an hour and he can't afford $200 to fix a forklift. You'd think that his "world class economist" friend, or one of his "black tie dinner" chums would chip in. :)
Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost
If you scrap your forklift for 500, and add 200, you can buy a working forklift for that much.
Try to advertise this and call a few scrap yards, you should have it sold no problem.
Ignoramus6158
What does it need. Maybe one of this bunch of miscreants has parts laying around for cheap?
I just picked up a plastic one for $150. It will be used at the fire station to keep the trash in after we hold events. (Trash company picks up for free so the least we can do is keep it all in one place) Would have liked a steel one but the plastic I can carry. My days of tossing a steel 4X4 basket over my head to carry it are over.
I have been looking at the prices on shipping containers again, they went way up in my area.
Reply to
Steve W.