Free!! V-belts

Iggy understands cash flow, Gunner does not.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

I wound up with them...along with an entire back yard of Stuff, when a friend bought a factory up in Fresno. Google that story on Usenet. Ive told it enough times.

I paid nothing for that Stuff..and it cost me an arm and a leg to get rid of most of it. This is about the last remaining bit of Stuff that was left.

Ive given away at least 20+ long flat belts with "cogs" on each side to a group of kids from University So. Cal..to be used as treads on their battle bots. Ive equiped half the wetbacks in town with belts on their beater pickup trucks when they didnt have any money. Ive given belts to guys who needed to replace belts on oil pumping units on a Sunday afternoon.

The reason I still have them..is that I didnt throw them away..because someone always needed one. They are brand new Gates etc etc..just

12-15 yrs old and have been stored in a covered container out of the sun. Shrug

Im talking to the owner of the property ..the empty lot..and he has offered to sell me the lot for between $5k and $8k. So..we shall see what we shall see.

Gunner

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

In Chicago perhaps. And how much to have it shipped?

Have what sold? A $2500 forklift...a rough surface 3000 lb lift with a short mast...for $200?

Your not paying attention are you Iggy?

Gunner

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Its a Baker/Linde BP-30L forklift. The unit has hydrostatic drive. Which means the VW Jetta engine in it runs a big hydraulic pump, which in turn operates the hydraulic motor at each front tire.

There are 3 pedals on the floor. Forward-Brake-Reverse.

There is a lever on the dash that controls the engine speed. There is a computer under the dash (now dead) that keeps the engine running at whatever speed you set it at..no matter the load or unload. It pulls in a big..big 12vt "solenoid" that operates the throttle lever at the carby. The carby itself needs rebuilding. A simple seal kit is $27. However...they discontinued the simply carby kit..and redesigned the carby. So the NEW kit includes a new top unit for the carberator and that kit costs $125. The heat exchanger is also suspect..but the kit for that is only $25

This forklift is rated Rough Surface..which means it has knobby tires and is tall enough to run on gravel and over rough, generally flat ground.

The computer...I found one in Georgia ...for $125. Ive had the money ($250+/-) 5 times saved up. Each and every time I got ready to order the parts...something happened where I needed to spend the money on something important..medical bills, cell phone bill etc etc.

Keep in mind..that last year..I grossed..grossed $27,500 or less. Subtract the aprox $5k I spent on fuel and insurance for my work truck.and all the mouths Im feeding..and the dogs and cats..and the $ I spend on cell service..and the highest electric rates in the US

So...Im not doing very well at the moment..and havent since 2008 when the economy went into the toilet. Then there is the little thing called "triple bypass surgery" and "stroke hospitalization"....

And of course..I have the van that is 3 yrs past due on registration..which in California..means almost $1000

That needs to come home. But I have a 97 Mazda/Ranger that runs fine..but doesnt pass smog that Im trying to get $600 out of it....with plenty of people wanting..but no one paying...it really needs to go out of state...

And this stuff to sell

And this stuff

and and and and.......

Shrug

Gunner

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Here's what I see. That you don't have $200 to fix a forklift, but are yapping about paying several thousands for a lot that you've claimed, multiple times, to already own!

"the empty lot I own to the left. I also own the lot on the other side of the alley." "Im going to put up a

30x50 steel building on the empty lot to the left of the house."

"the other two lots that I own..right next to mine..and behind mine."

If only you had a penny each for half of the horseshit stories you've told.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Yeah, because if he was paying attention, he'd tell you to get by for now by putting some forks on the bucket of that backhoe you're always lying about having.

Reply to
whoyakidding's ghost

Mabee in the reust belt where industries are closing down at a record pace, but up here you don't get anything even REPAIRABLE for that price.. A fork lift attachment to put on the 3 point hitch of a farm tractor is worth $500 in decent shape. A non-running basically complete 3000 lb hard-tire old Clark is advertized for $1000 - needs a hundred dollars in parts plus labour to make it run. An old 5000 lb clark - 1996 model - worling condition is $3000. And old Mitsubishi 15000 pounder that "needs work" is $1800. A leaky 2002 Linde, $2900. A 5000 lb air-tired Cat on Propane, $4900. A 5000 lb air tired Yam, $3800 All the rest on Kijiji in Ontario are in the $6000 and up range - a good yard truck (larger air tires) is a $9000 item in running condition.

Reply to
clare

$3800 and up depending on condition around here - and the $3800 unit will be ROUGH. A decent one is $6800 or more. That's for a "yard truck" than can handle more than 2 inches of unevenness in the surface and move if the ground is damp.

Reply to
clare

Sux 2BU, Ig.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Horseshit, ain't it?

I brought in a couple grand last year offloading my accumulated goods for projects I never started or never finished. Craigslist and eBay both work fine. AAMOF, I finally bought the idler bearing (for the DP you gave me/we restored) over 2 years ago and have never installed it, even after selling the 8" HF DP 6 months ago.

Ditto, dude.

Yabbut, one has to practice their shooting skills... Or are you thinking "It's all food in a WROL/TEOTWAKI situ..."

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ooh, got any 3/8" id 1-2" diameter 3/4" thick (or less) timing pulleys and long (8+') lengths of 0.2 cog belts? Stick 'em in my box! I'll use 'em on the Green Monster. Like this:

Larry Jaques

Ayup. Iggy lives in Chicago...in what was once one of the industrial capitals of the world. Once. Which is why he is now scrapping trucks and getting forklifts cheap. Cause its now part of the "rust belt" of America.

The same reason Im getting lathes and mills cheap here in California.

Guy called me today..wants me to work a day for him in So Cal..and in return..I get a Clausing Colchester lathe that had a very primitive CNC device installed on the ways that did 2 motions. And it cut plastic. So the ways, the carraige and compound have never every been used..and it was only used for 6 months.

This lathe

Built in 95 and not run in 10 yrs or longer.

With tooling. Collet closer, etc etc.

Now I just have to figure out if I want to sell it...or hang on to it and use it. If I hang on to it..what do I sell to make room for it? The 15x52 Clausing 1500? The Hardinge HLV-H?

"The ruling class doesn't care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake." Malcolm Wallop former U.S. Sen. (R-WY)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch on Fri, 03 May 2013 05:48:42 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

There is a part of me that says "My heart bleeds chunky peanut brittle for you." OTOH, I recognize the reality of the problem - before anything new comes in, something has to go.

pyotr filipivich

Warning, Larry.. that eBag belting deal might stink, could turn out to be a shitty deal

"We only use Paypal as a suppository for receipts.it is not checked on a regular basis."

Reply to
Wild_Bill