What is it? Set 491

I have answers for just the first and third ones this week and need some help with the rest.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.
2860 - Would stating the obvious be incorrect then, a child's canoe/coracle paddle?
Reply to
David B
2860 - Would stating the obvious be incorrect then, a child's canoe/coracle paddle? In fact it's more likely to be a wort (or something similar) stirrer. D
Reply to
David B

The owner referred to it as a chopper and stated in his email that "the blade is sharp" and that it weighs about four pounds. So I was thinking that most of it was made of metal.

Reply to
Rob H.
2857 Hmmm... I clearly don't know what this is, but... The precision available from the globe, settings and indications are clearly inadequate for weapons targeting or navigation. I'll guess that this is a teaching-aid.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

2859 - Oil can opener. Downward push of the handle would provide pour hole and air hole. Definitely pre spout days
Reply to
NamPhong
2857, Russian pilot's guidance system? 2858, no clue. Maybe stores a written message for the next shift? 2859, mechanical press of some kind (to mention the obvious). 2860, some kind of canoe paddle. Or, maybe blocks a sluice channel for some kind of drainage system. 2861, from the rust and paint, probably from some kind of construction equipment. 2862, this is a nutty SWAG, but maybe it's a fisherman's earth worm shocker. The round thing inside is a wet cell.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

2862 - some sort of electrotherapy device?

See the photos here for something not completely dissimilar.

Reply to
Dr Nick

A Globe washing machine!

Reply to
Leon

LOL! Two points for the most creative guess of the week.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Sorry, forgot the "here":

Dr Nick

2857 Sure looks like a movie prop, to send the position of a fictional Russian ship back to mother Russia.---or a death ray targeting device (shades of Captain Video).
Reply to
phorbin

2857- Looks like an instrument from the old manned rooskie spy satellite/station used to aim one of the orbit-to-ground telescopes.
Reply to
spamTHISbrp

satellite/station used to aim one of the orbit-to-ground telescopes.

Was going by memory- WAS used on the almaz spy satellite, but other rooskie orbital craft as well.

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

Can opener is correct, though it was marked beer can opener for use at a bar. I couldn't find another like it on the web, nor could I find a similar oil can opener.

Reply to
Rob H.

Thanks for the translations, I'll post them with my answer for it.

Reply to
Rob H.

I agree that it's probably some kind of quack medical device though I haven't been able to prove it.

Reply to
Rob H.

Good one Leon!

Reply to
Rob H.

2861 Is a mount for temporarily attaching a hitch ball to a bumper back when vehicles had real bumpers. Art
Reply to
Artemus

Thanks! Looks like you are correct, I just found the patent for it:

Rob H.