Survey: Is Your Cell Phone Your Only Phone?

To All:
    I've got a couple of friends whose only home phone service is cell phone service. I was wondering how common that was.
[ ] Have home land-line phone service only.
[ ] Have cell phone service only.
[ ] Have both land-line AND cell phone service at home.
Other:
Comments:
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Recently did away with home phone.
Tom

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 18:30:30 -0700, BottleBob

Also just added wireless link for computer/internet [100-150k baud]

And it is a Southwestern Bell Styleline wall ROTARY phone. Been in service for 32+ years (installed when we moved into the house). Also have Bell Telephone (black desktop) in the spare bedroom that came from my folks house. I bet that phone is older than me and I'm 62.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

alphonso wrote:

Alphonso:
    Jeeze, are we the only two dinosaurs that don't have cell phones? LOL
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

service
Our home phone sys consists of an older Merlin key system 510 which can handle up to 10 CO lines and 30 extensions--though currently its only carded for 5 lines and 20 extensions.
Ext 10~19 are the merlin atl phones, and ex 20 ~ 29 are carded with ring generator and setup for use with for plain old telephones ( handy for use where a twisted pair already exists and fairly difficult to install a new 4 pair cable )
Line 1 is land line for residence
Line 2 is land line for shop
Line 3 is direct line to the shop phone sys ( a nother Merlin pbx but is only a 410 ) via a Teltone TLS-3 line simulator ( this patch allows calls to be placed between shop and house without tying up both of the land lines )
Line 4 is overhead page-3 speaker zones can be accessed singly or together in combination, its tied into the old Nu-tone intercom speakers.
Line 5 is for security and alarm sys it also is connected to one of the the shop phone lines, but not gonna get in to any great detail here as what all hardware is conneted to that line but the below should give an idea :
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd tion&key=LTS1
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd tion&keyI1 C

\ I heard cell phones are killing off the bees in America. I guess it screws up their gps and they can't find their way home.
Cell phones suck. They took away the ability to easily ignore people. Now if you don't answer your cell phone it's presumed your ignoring the person. That's the main reason I don't have one.

Bell
folks
use
new
calls
lines )

together
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd tion&key=LTS1
http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/cgi-bin/commerce.exe?preadd tion&keyI1
screws
Produce and fruit farmers is killing off the bees with their goddamned indiscriminate pesticide use fuckem they can whine all they want but its themselves causing the problem and I dont feel sorry for them one bit, around here we constantly have escaped colonies as well as wild ones....perfectly healthy they take up residence in the tree trunks attics wood fences etc

if
Easy enough to just turn it off if you don't want to be bothered.

Jeffrey Lebowski wrote:

Look it up on the PBS site. I watched the program about a year ago and it included the big bee convention in Oz. Interesting piece as it explored some of the actual consequences. This could get ugly very quickly. It is already I guess. The cell phone thing is bogus.
One of the big Ag colleges has been working like a bastard with the industry to screen for the virus on one hand and find a way to eradicate it on the other.
Whoever says PBS isn't worth every penny is dead wrong.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com