determining kc (specific cutting force).

Could any one tell me formula you use to determine specific cutting force. Current Sandvik catalog doesn't include formula or example of using it. Current catalog appears to have done work for me. Am curious if in current catalog I multiply values by 250% if I'm taking a .04 chip as opposed to .016 that's listed.. Seems logical. Would think formula is in older catalog.

Reply to
hacdunqh

Hacdungh:

That's an interesting, if unusual, question. I don't recall making use of such a formula. On a search I found the following.

What are you actually trying to do, or calculate?

Reply to
BottleBob