Survey: Is Your Cell Phone Your Only Phone?

Jeez, BB, you'd never make it in Texas. We routinely drive 80 miles one way just to go out for a nice dinner.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

alphonso wrote:

A:
    Yikes! By the time you get back you'd be ready for the next meal.
    I drove through Texas about 45 years ago, it was pretty desolate in those days. Don't know if it's changed much in the interim.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I drive 42 miles each way to go to Home Depot, Walmart or Sams Club.
I go home on Friday nights...142 miles one way. Then return on Mon or Tues.
California..shrug
Gunner

Is that to the road kill diner? ;>)
You could drive 80 miles from San Diego and still not get a good pizza. Tried a place called Basic Urban Kitchen which is right down the street from Petco Park where the Padres play. Best so far. Good crust, good cheese but the sauce was flavored with way too much Oregano.
Wish a Patsy Grimaldi's would open out here.
http://www.grimaldispizza.com /
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Yep 80 miles is "Just down the road a piece", & BB drives a Vette so that would be a snap...

see
one

Yeah, that don't make sense, he drives a 'vette, but don't wanta go anywhere?? Maybe it IS time for him to get a Mini.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 19:33:18 +0100 (CET), alphonso

Maybe break it down to 1/4 mile segments for BB....?

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Tom:
    No THERE ya go. You can't do power shift driving down the freway at 75 mph. LOL
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

    That was grammatically atrocious. It should have read: "Now THERE ya go. You can't do power shifts driving down the freeway at 75 mph.
    I guess I shouldn't post right after getting up from taking a nap. LOL
    Another little tid-bit: Z06 Vettes are setup VERY stiff, suspension wise. Probably so that they can be autocrossed. This makes for a exasperating amount of "road feel". I mean you feel every little tar strip, pavement consistency change, and everything else that's not perfectly billiard ball smooth. It rides worse than the dually company truck that I've occasionally driven. It certainly doesn't make for a car that is comfortable to drive for any extended distance.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
"... and everything else that's not perfectly billiard ball smooth."
You got rid of your pony tail?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I don't normally drive my cars on my cranium.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I understood what you were trying to say. Wouldn't be the first time someone typed while impaired. Might be a first for this group that it was caused by a nap though.....LOL.
Good to see your back up and running.
Tom
BottleBob wrote:

About a gallon each way in your new Mini? LOL

Yeah but there is the flip on that. Hey listen, Pat and I filled something at your place today and while you guys are welcome to play with the material that wasn't used, it's $90.00 a pound stuff. IOW, what we used is worth $1600.00 and what we didn't is another $300. Crazy world ain't it? Also, this stuff is toxic. Wash you hands thouroughly. Should you get a headache, you have been poisoned.
--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com
John R. Carroll wrote:

John:
    Alas, no Mini for Bob anytime soon. The MSRP of a Mini "S" is like 22k, which is fine and dandy. BUT, Mini "S's" are usually optioned out the wazoo and can run up to 30-35K. I'd have to order one exactly like I'd want it from the factory in Oxford, England.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Gunner, I missed your post the first time. No my brother is rich, he inherited it, from me. I'm just a working stiff. I don't drink beer, nor caffeine, but I do have an expense account, and company credit card, so dinner is possible. I'll let you know when I am coming out. Might be in the next couple of weeks. The customer wants me to visit their engineers in Missouri, but I'd like to do a site visit before I finish all the engineering on this job.
Gary H. Lucas
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 01:10:08 GMT, "Gary H. Lucas"

Works for me. Im usually in LA during the week, home most weekends, but let me know and Ill try to schedual being in the same place as you and John.
Gunner

I work midnights. Phone is always on vibrate as to not awaken me during my sleep period. Sorry, phone on vibrate, didn't notice your call. Feel free to improvise from there.
Wes

if
my
free
My vibrator is usually set on phone.

BottleBob wrote:

My wife refuses to have a cell phone. I like mine.
--
http://improve-usenet.org

The sound quality on the land line is much better than my cell in my location.
Wes