Survey: Is Your Cell Phone Your Only Phone?

Amen to that.

Reply to
alphonso

Probly resides there part time.

Reply to
PrecisioNmachinisT

John, Sounds like I may get to see this firsthand. I am working on a job for Clement Pappas I will be starting up in Ontario some time in July. Guess I'll have drop in on Gunner.

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

My vibrator is usually set on phone.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Jeez, BB, you'd never make it in Texas. We routinely drive 80 miles one way just to go out for a nice dinner.

Reply to
alphonso

Yikes! By the time you get back you'd be ready for the next meal.

I drove through Texas about 45 years ago, it was pretty desolate in those days. Don't know if it's changed much in the interim.

Reply to
BottleBob

Is that to the road kill diner? ;>)

You could drive 80 miles from San Diego and still not get a good pizza. Tried a place called Basic Urban Kitchen which is right down the street from Petco Park where the Padres play. Best so far. Good crust, good cheese but the sauce was flavored with way too much Oregano.

Wish a Patsy Grimaldi's would open out here.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I drive 42 miles each way to go to Home Depot, Walmart or Sams Club.

I go home on Friday nights...142 miles one way. Then return on Mon or Tues.

California..shrug

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

John:

Alas, no Mini for Bob anytime soon. The MSRP of a Mini "S" is like

22k, which is fine and dandy. BUT, Mini "S's" are usually optioned out the wazoo and can run up to 30-35K. I'd have to order one exactly like I'd want it from the factory in Oxford, England.
Reply to
BottleBob

About a gallon each way in your new Mini? LOL

Yeah but there is the flip on that. Hey listen, Pat and I filled something at your place today and while you guys are welcome to play with the material that wasn't used, it's $90.00 a pound stuff. IOW, what we used is worth $1600.00 and what we didn't is another $300. Crazy world ain't it? Also, this stuff is toxic. Wash you hands thouroughly. Should you get a headache, you have been poisoned.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Yep 80 miles is "Just down the road a piece", & BB drives a Vette so that would be a snap...

Reply to
Why

Yeah, that don't make sense, he drives a 'vette, but don't wanta go anywhere?? Maybe it IS time for him to get a Mini.

Reply to
alphonso

Maybe break it down to 1/4 mile segments for BB....?

Reply to
brewertr

Tom:

No THERE ya go. You can't do power shift driving down the freway at

75 mph. LOL
Reply to
BottleBob

Gunner, I missed your post the first time. No my brother is rich, he inherited it, from me. I'm just a working stiff. I don't drink beer, nor caffeine, but I do have an expense account, and company credit card, so dinner is possible. I'll let you know when I am coming out. Might be in the next couple of weeks. The customer wants me to visit their engineers in Missouri, but I'd like to do a site visit before I finish all the engineering on this job.

Gary H. Lucas

Reply to
Gary H. Lucas

Works for me. Im usually in LA during the week, home most weekends, but let me know and Ill try to schedual being in the same place as you and John.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That was grammatically atrocious. It should have read: "Now THERE ya go. You can't do power shifts driving down the freeway at 75 mph.

I guess I shouldn't post right after getting up from taking a nap. LOL

Another little tid-bit: Z06 Vettes are setup VERY stiff, suspension wise. Probably so that they can be autocrossed. This makes for a exasperating amount of "road feel". I mean you feel every little tar strip, pavement consistency change, and everything else that's not perfectly billiard ball smooth. It rides worse than the dually company truck that I've occasionally driven. It certainly doesn't make for a car that is comfortable to drive for any extended distance.

Reply to
BottleBob

"... and everything else that's not perfectly billiard ball smooth."

You got rid of your pony tail?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

I understood what you were trying to say. Wouldn't be the first time someone typed while impaired. Might be a first for this group that it was caused by a nap though.....LOL.

Good to see your back up and running.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Jon:

I don't normally drive my cars on my cranium.

Reply to
BottleBob