TalonGrip Vise Jaw System

The consensus in our shop was to order the steel TalonGrip vise jaws because we felt that over time the aluminum ones would mushroom. We
also ordered the stops for them. If they work out I'm sure we will be ordering many more. If they don't work out it costs us less then $200.
Jon Banquer San Diego,CA http://jonbanquer.blogspot.com /
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I'd be interested in an *objective* evaluation after you've used them for awhile.
    As far as the "less than $200" comment, our two Chinese Kurt knock offs cost about $180 IIRC. <g>
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

If they are good and we buy multiple sets I'm sure the boss will let me loan you a set and you can decide for yourself. Based on the "coolie wages" you make I wouldn't expect you to be able to buy your own.

One has a good chance of working and giving a good R.O.I. Here's a hint... it's not the Chinese Kurt knock off vise

Jon, what kind of vehicle do you drive again? What kind of vehicle does Bob drive?
It's pretty obvious who's been making the "coolie wages" his entire life.

If they are good and we buy multiple sets I'm sure the boss will let me loan you a set and you can decide for yourself. Based on the "coolie wages" you make I wouldn't expect you to be able to buy your own.

One has a good chance of working and giving a good R.O.I. Here's a hint... it's not the Chinese Kurt knock off vise

Jon is speaking from personal experience, Jon didn't buy the TalonGrip Jaws either, per Jon his boss/company purchased them.
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    Thanks, but my interest in their usefulness was academic.
    As I've said in the past, we already use hardened serrated vise jaw sets that were made in-house years ago. In my estimation it's a better system as you can hold small parts by about .040 or use the full 1.800" face for large parts, or anything in between. And you don't have to waste time altering where the serrated inserts go.

    Ouch, I'm wounded and bleeding. LOL

    How do you KNOW, if you haven't tried them?
    BTW, you never did answer the question about how many Chinese tools you own. How many do you own?
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Mentally as well.

Wrong... again.

I don't need to. Just ask you lying scumbag pals Carol or Brewer and believe what they tell you as per usual.
Are we about done now "buddy" ?
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I suppose. Civility lasted all of 3 posts this time. LOL
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Hey Bob....He's insane. You realize this don't you?
Not sure why but you just keep tryin to reason with this mental patient while the rest of us just use him for entertainment. Life will be more fulfilling and entertaining when you stop trying to talk to him as a civilized human being and just accept that he's a nutcase and he was put on this earth to make everyone's life a lil more humorous.
Just accept it and have fun with him. Stop trying to reason with him. He's a wacko. Now....stop trying to talk to him like he's normal. It's a lot more fun if you accept him for what he is.....a basket case....put on this earth for our pleasure.
Poke fun at him like the rest of us and smile. He's just fulfilling his purpose on this earth. He's nuts. Have fun with it. The rest of us do. :)
Barn
barn snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

Barn:
    Well, sanity is such an abstruse & relative term. In the final analysis, few of us are 100% normal/sane.

    I try to stay relatively neutral in the various contentious interactions in amc, and would rather observe than actually attempt to instigate negative reactions & responses in others.

    I think what we have here is a parallel of the subject-expectancy effect, where a subject expects a certain outcome and behaves in such a manner as to almost guarantee that particular outcome is actualized. In this case, the subject in question, expects to be criticized, attacked & ridiculed. And if that result is not immediately forthcoming, he attempts to behave in such a manner as to achieve the expected result.     This observation is obviously an oversimplification of this process, since it's not taking into consideration the satisfaction that the subject receives from being devalued & insulted, nor the satisfaction gained by those who are participating in this process and doing the criticizing/attacking.     Amc is a microcosm of real life with all it's interpersonal intricacies - an observational wealth of data for those with an interest in human emotional response patterns.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Thank you Dr. Phil. :)
BB....I gotta admit this to ya cuz I like ya. I started to read what you posted above but my eyes and brain started glazin over so I skipped most of it. I'm sure it was interesting though.
LIGHTEN UP DUDE..... HAVE A LIL FUN !!!! :)
Barn
barn snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

Barn:
    Awww gee, and I was beginning to just scratch the surface. I hadn't even started to go into the cluster "B" personality disorders such as Borderline personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder, and Antisocial personality disorder. I suppose I'll not be going into any in-depth analysis of Schema Modes (coping strategies) like Surrender, Avoidance, and Overcompensation, eh? LOL

    I thought I was! <g>
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Hey look at the bright side "buddy"... now you get all the losers you actively support posting total drivel for post after post after post.
When you have morons that are this stupid this could go on for a weeks . :>)
When it's over make sure to start another moronic poll.
Jon Banquer San Diego,CA
jon_banquer wrote:

Jon:
    I neither support, nor attack their posts. So since your premise is flawed, so is your conclusion.

    You reap what you sow.     I thought we were done here, or did you just want the last word?

    I could do that if you want. Do you wish me to take one asking how others view your posts?
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I for one vote no.

I vote for I don't give a shit one way or another because almost all of his polls are a poor excuse for real dialog.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

As opposed to asking for beginner level help under multiple aliases on CNCZone? (Jim Jarvis, Mastercam User?)

At the lazy B I once got the crazy idea drill and tap several places upwards into the jaw or mighty bite rail at 15 deg then put in a 10-32 setscrew every inch or so, grind the tip to a 30 deg included angle.
They probly patented my idea by now but I say go ahead fuckem.

over a barrel wrote:

OAB:
    Ya know, I seem to remember seeing something like that. I just don't remember where now. I'll search a little and see if I can turn something up.